2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

I’m remembering that we were 0-16 for a reason not long ago. We have major holes at LB/DE. Our draft was superb and our defense is lousy. Can’t address everything. I bet we go EDGE/LB for days next year...and paydays are looming. Enjoy these free agent signings while you can fellas. Break the bank contracts are coming.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m remembering that we were 0-16 for a reason not long ago. We have major holes at LB/DE. Our draft was superb and our defense is lousy. Can’t address everything. I bet we go EDGE/LB for days next year...and paydays are looming. Enjoy these free agent signings while you can fellas. Break the bank contracts are coming.

I'd rather we played to the strength of each draft when it comes to the more valuable positions.

Our d isn't lousy. It just lacks depth at DE and high-end LB play. The secondary looks very promising, likewise at d-line.

Our draft was superb, but I would have loved it even more if we were able to double-dip at WR. Especially grabbing a true deep threat.

8 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I'd rather we played to the strength of each draft when it comes to the more valuable positions.

I agree

Our d isn't lousy.

Our rush defense is an absolute joke and we just lost our best LB in free agency.

It just lacks depth at DE

Agreed. Hopefully Myles and Vernon stay healthy. If they do, then I'm optimistic. If they don't, I'm alarmed.

and high-end LB play.

It lacks even average end LB play.

The secondary looks very promising, likewise at d-line.

Very promising in the secondary, absolutely. Ward is a Pro Bowler (with some medical concerns) and Greedy has immense potential, especially in a man/press man system. Throw in Delpit, and that's a lot of potential. Karl Joseph will likely be average, which is great with me, and perhaps Redwine can be a serviceable backup/rotational player.

Our draft was superb, but I would have loved it even more if we were able to double-dip at WR. Especially grabbing a true deep threat.

I think that they're hoping DPJ and Ridley can be that guy, to go along with hopefully a healthy OBJ this year as a downfield threat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Our rush defense is an absolute joke and we just lost our best LB in free agency

They were part of the reason, albeit not a big splash but we quietly addressed this as a whole. They picked up Andrew Billings who excels at plugging gaps and pushing the pocket which also helps linebackers as well, and they got two really good tackling linebackers in Goodson and Phillips.