2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

They were part of the reason, albeit not a big splash but we quietly addressed this as a whole. They picked up Andrew Billings who excels at plugging gaps and pushing the pocket which also helps linebackers as well, and they got two really good tackling linebackers in Goodson and Phillips. 

Pair this with the fact that while Schobert was good, he didn’t really excel in the run game, and our scheme last year (at least when paired with the talent on the roster) was atrocious.

I don’t even hate Wilks scheme, but you need 3-4 GOOD safeties, one of which has to be very good in the box, to make it work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Our rush defense is an absolute joke and we just lost our best LB in free agency.

I believe that our offense is going to be able to make that weakness a none issue. Teams aren't going to want to run the ball when they're down by a couple of scores.

Obviously I'm seeing things through Brown-tinted lenses, but I really can't see how our offence won't be one of the best out there. Baker's shown how effective he can be running play-action. Every offensive addition we've made are tailor-made for the wide-zone.

I just love listening to interviews with Stefanski and Berry. Just intelligent people in general. Especially intelligent people with very little ego or agenda.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s gotta be an upgrade over teller. 

I didn't think Teller was too bad as the season went on. Certainly not great, but not terrible either. The RG battle in camp should be interesting between him, Forbes, Harris and maybe even Hubbard.

51 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I didn't think Teller was too bad as the season went on. Certainly not great, but not terrible either. The RG battle in camp should be interesting between him, Forbes, Harris and maybe even Hubbard.

Decent pass blocker. Terrible run blocker. 

2019 Season Grades

OFFENSE GRADE

55th / 81 G

PASS BLOCK GRADE

39th / 84 G

RUN BLOCK GRADE

Wyatt Teller got physically manhandled. Thrown around like a seal getting tossed about the ocean by an orca. Just got abused in the run game. Emergency backup, whatever. Hope we have something better up our sleeves as a starter though. As much as I wanna stare at that beautiful mug. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wyatt Teller got physically manhandled. Thrown around like a seal getting tossed about the ocean by an orca. Just got abused in the run game. Emergency backup, whatever. Hope we have something better up our sleeves as a starter though. As much as I wanna stare at that beautiful mug. 

Im hoping that Forbes can step up, he has strength length and movement.

forbes scouting profile, he played well at g in the pre season.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im hoping that Forbes can step up, he has strength length and movement.

forbes scouting profile, he played well at g in the pre season.

Pre season doesn’t count for anything. How many times have we seen scrubs look great in pre season then look like complete trash in the regular season. He’s not going to be going against 4th stringers. Forbes is nothing but a backup. Ps maybe. We still need to look for a G. 

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pre season doesn’t count for anything. How many times have we seen scrubs look great in pre season then look like complete trash in the regular season. He’s not going to be going against 4th stringers. Forbes is nothing but a backup. Ps maybe. We still need to look for a G. 

From all reports after the 3rd preseason game was Forbes was looking good in his transition to guard and was going to push for the position than the 4th preseason he hurts his knee that puts him on the IR.  Not that he was going to win it out of camp but he could take it over after a few weeks into the season.  Also Forbes is better well built for Zone scheme 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1