2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

DPJ will make an immediate impact on special teams for us. I want him returning punts and kicks. He will be developed correctly and given time to grow.

Damian Ratley better show up to compete in TC.

Edited by candyman93

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05/browns-lb-bj-goodson-im-able-to-perform-as-well-as-any-lb-in-the-league-hopes-to-be-here-long-term.html

Goodson sounds super motivated to elevate his game. Hopefully it's more than talk. Sees himself as a Mike, he was rated by pfr as the 17th best tackler, compared to schools 44th best. 

Pff rank of 50 for all linebackers a head of schobs 58th. 

Hopefully he elevates his game like Demario Davis does and signs somewhere else for a decent deal next year or we sign him long term.

Could be an underrated signing by our front office, low risk medium reward type deal. At worst he will be a gun special teamer 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you go purely based off of history, then the only rookies who will have success long term are Delpit and Wills. If you’re lucky, maybe a 3rd rounder pans out.

I mean, blind odds the chances are you find someone in those rounds. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This scheme has me excited. We have better personnel than the Vikings on offense.

There was a highlight of just Cousin rolling left off of play action on r/NFL. It could be an absolutely filthy concept for the browns. Faking run action right with Hooper coming back across with the QB with Landry running a post on the front side and OBJ running a streak backside. Heck than add Chubb or Hunt settling right flat for a safety value deep off