2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think it’s that. I think he just had a number in mind at the start of free agency and no one hit it so he didn’t sign. If he thought he would get 20M offers and no one went over 15 then it’s not surprising he hasn’t signed. Maybe it’s a standing offer and he’s taking his time. He just wants every dime he can get. 

Clowney has averaged 5 sacks per year since 2014 with a career high of 9.5. He has also shown to be injury prone.

He needs to fire his agent if he is out here turning down huge long term money because he is high if he thinks he is worth close to 20m per season with those numbers 

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Clowney doesn’t want to be here.

Sucks.

I dont think Clowney wants a long term deal. I think the Browns are offering him the biggest contract but its also longer. I think he wants to try and score the biggest 1 yr deal

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont think Clowney wants a long term deal. I think the Browns are offering him the biggest contract but its also longer. I think he wants to try and score the biggest 1 yr deal

Then he and/or his agent is/are stupid."smart" test.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

If I'm the browns I'd happily give him 1 year. 

Not sure why we aren't. 

Two would be great as well. 

Clooney is in an odd situation where he has made a lot of money, and is only moderately well regarded, I can see why he isn't taking offers he doesn't like. 

He could be lethal rushing across from myles Garrett, Richardson and Vernon. 

I'd love to see a 5 man line front, Clowney, Larry sheldon, myles and Vernon or something like that. Go get the QB. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If I'm the browns I'd happily give him 1 year. 

Not sure why we aren't. 

Two would be great as well. 

Well I would think the Browns offer him longer than 1yr deal because you prolly are getting him at a slightly better rate. If they want to role with a 1yr deal at DE, they are prolly content with Vernon. 

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

Then he and/or his agent is/are stupid."smart" test.

or him and his agent know of the possibility of the cap next year and could score a better contract next year when some teams might over pay because of the cap increase, kinda like what we saw in the NBA

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Am I the only one confused by the Pittsburgh hype?

Ben is 38 and has a F’d up elbow.

That age is when most QBs not named Brady and Brees fall off a cliff. It’s also not like those 2 are even airing it out deep anymore.

I mean, they finished 8-8 last year with a dude named Duck and Mason Rudolph playing QB.

I know this won’t be a popular opinion amongst the homers in the fan base (not you candy), but they deserve to be respected until proven otherwise imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, they finished 8-8 last year with a dude named Duck and Mason Rudolph playing QB.

I know this won’t be a popular opinion amongst the homers in the fan base (not you candy), but they deserve to be respected until proven otherwise imo.

My counter is that they relied on turnovers and high sack totals. The 2 sexy stats that don’t translate well the following year.

Just like Chicago.

• Like 1