2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let’s see what he looks like come August. Everyone looks jacked when they’re working out. 

How many nfl guys do you see get in shape in June to let it go to sh!t by August? You usually see the lazy guys being lazy in May and June and coming to mini camps sloppy and than start doing stuff in July. Best example was that DT from Baltimore. He was suppose to have a huge year coming up because it was a contract year and then Dude came to the Mjni camp over weight by like 25lb but came to training camp looking fine. I just don’t see how BF% being an issue this year

Edited by buno67

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How many nfl guys do you see get in shape in June to let it go to sh!t by August? You usually see the lazy guys being lazy in May and June and coming to mini camps sloppy and than start doing stuff in July. Best example was that DT from Baltimore. He was suppose to have a huge year coming up because it was a contract year and then Dude came to the Mjni camp over weight by like 25lb but came to training camp looking fine. I just don’t see how BF% being an issue this year

Baker last year. He was posting IG stories workout all the time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker last year. He was posting IG stories workout all the time. 

2019 Baker looked like how I'm going to look in about 15 years. Flabby, grumpy, apathetic, disinterested, surly with stupid questions...the list goes on.

• Like 1

Baker is built like Brett Favre. Favre wasn’t exactly a physical specimen (not including his God gifted arm strength). 

I think Baker is built the way he is to absorb more punishment, as crazy as that sounds. It’s why a Big Ben is indestructible despite being pudgy.

As long as Baker can move around, it’s fine.

Edited by candyman93

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker is built like Brett Favre. Favre wasn’t exactly a physical specimen (not including his God gifted arm strength). 

I think Baker is built the way he is to absorb more punishment, as crazy as that sounds. It’s why a Big Ben is indestructible despite being pudgy.

As long as Baker can move around, it’s fine.

Ben is far from indestructible. He’s played 16 games just 4 times in 15 seasons. Baker was out of shape in a bad way. It’s ok to have some weight on like the Manning’s had but baker looked sloppy and fatigued. He as falling all over himself and had no balance. Some of his sacks he took last year last year looked like he just slipped. He wasn’t doing that the year before when he was in shape. 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ben is far from indestructible. He’s played 16 games just 4 times in 15 seasons. Baker was out of shape in a bad way. It’s ok to have some weight on like the Manning’s had but baker looked sloppy and fatigued. He as falling all over himself and had no balance. Some of his sacks he took last year last year looked like he just slipped. He wasn’t doing that the year before when he was in shape. 

Yeah I don't know how we watched different seasons. Not saying Baker didn't have a little bit of a belly but stumbling over himself? He got plenty of exercise rolling to his right 20 times every week. The problem with Baker last year was that he was never comfortable. It sometimes stays with QBs for the rest of their career when they go through a season where they can't trust their line. I think Baker is mentally strong enough to overcome it, if not it's time to start looking for a QB. I have zero worries about him physically, seeing ghosts would be my biggest concern right now. I watched Bernie for many years and that went well. We've all seen Weeden and that didn't but those are QBs that move like baby giraffes, Baker is a plus athlete at the position, including last year, he just isn't and won't be Lamar Jackson.

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

A size mismatch maybe not speed. Maybe quickness.

You bring out the two RBs, get the defense to bring on a big sub package (base 3-4 or 4-3, or even a 4-4 or 3-5). Then swing Hunt out of the backfield into the slot. You're now forcing the D to change their coverage by sliding the safety into man over him, or by putting a LB out on him. If you go with the LB, that's a speed mismatch. If you slide the safety, it creates a hole OBJ/Hooper/Njoku/Landry can exploit.

• Like 1