2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You bring out the two RBs, get the defense to bring on a big sub package (base 3-4 or 4-3, or even a 4-4 or 3-5). Then swing Hunt out of the backfield into the slot. You're now forcing the D to change their coverage by sliding the safety into man over him, or by putting a LB out on him. If you go with the LB, that's a speed mismatch. If you slide the safety, it creates a hole OBJ/Hooper/Njoku/Landry can exploit.

Not even that. If you do what you say, it forces a defense to declare how they want to at least cover Hooper and Hunt. You can tell if they are going to bring the safety down for Hunt or keep him on Hooper. Which is going to create some option concepts. If you have their safety coming over for Hunt, it means a LB is on Hooper, I want him running deep and getting Hunt going short/intermediate  Vice versa when the safety shows his hand that they are going to cover Hooper and a LB will be on Hunt. I def would love to see them going a lot of no huddle and uptempo attack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Not even that. If you do what you say, it forces a defense to declare how they want to at least cover Hooper and Hunt. You can tell if they are going to bring the safety down for Hunt or keep him on Hooper. Which is going to create some option concepts. If you have their safety coming over for Hunt, it means a LB is on Hooper, I want him running deep and getting Hunt going short/intermediate  Vice versa when the safety shows his hand that they are going to cover Hooper and a LB will be on Hunt. I def would love to see them going a lot of no huddle and uptempo attack. 

Stefanski probably is having wet dreams thinking about this kind of stuff.