2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

9 hours ago, braylon said:

Am I crazy for wanting to keep Kirksey? I don't know.. I'd rather just keep him one more year and then cut him when we save $9mil. I understand he's been injury plagued and he's overpaid, but we can afford to have a few overpaid players on the roster this year.. We don't have to pay Baker or Myles yet. We aren't going to be within $7mil of the cap this year...

I’d keep Kirksey for the same reason as Vernon - To get a comp pick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

His performances have declined year on year. Then you throw in his acl injury. I don't see the value in spending that amount on a RT. We don't need a top-5 player in that position, so let's not pay like we are.

Wasn't it the nerds who overpaid Kevin Zeitler, which worked out great until Dorsey undid it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Wasn't it the nerds who overpaid Kevin Zeitler, which worked out great until Dorsey undid it?

I'm not saying that I'm right. It just makes sense to me. Though the OL is an important group. It's probably worth spending money on while Baker is on his rookie deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The price of a top 5 tackle is 17-20 million per year now. 

Soem areas are good places to go cheap other arent, both tackles is a terrible place to go cheap.

It's not like we have access to top-5 tackles though. The only way we're going to get them is through the draft and not expect them to hit the ground running. I'm against paying top-5 tackle money to anyone who isn't in the top ten at least.

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

It's not like we have access to top-5 tackles though. The only way we're going to get them is through the draft and not expect them to hit the ground running. I'm against paying top-5 tackle money to anyone who isn't in the top ten at least.

Conklin, is a top 5 rt atleast. 

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’d keep him for another 2 years and 20 million on the hopes of a comp pick?

Dude isn’t getting a monster deal when he leaves, we’d be lucky to get a 7th rounder as compensation.

I think that it is a given that if he were to stay he would have to restructure his deal