2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Not that I’d want it to happen but I wonder what the chances of urban taking the browns job if offered. I don’t think he actually wanted to retire. Seems like he was more butt hurt about the sexual abuse stuff coming down on him. I’d rather have Riley or even Harbaugh but I think urban would want to take the nfl challenge while he’s still young enough. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not that I’d want it to happen but I wonder what the chances of urban taking the browns job if offered. I don’t think he actually wanted to retire. Seems like he was more butt hurt about the sexual abuse stuff coming down on him. I’d rather have Riley or even Harbaugh but I think urban would want to take the nfl challenge while he’s still young enough. 

Dorsey ain’t gonna hire Urban 

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If Urban ever coaches in the NFL it will be next year after his sabbatical is over.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

If Urban ever coaches in the NFL it will be next year after his sabbatical is over.

Yeah that’s what I meant. He’s not taking over mid season. But I can see him trying to get into the nfl and giving that a shot. I’d hate the hire personally. I don’t like his system or play calling. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah that’s what I meant. He’s not taking over mid season. But I can see him trying to get into the nfl and giving that a shot. I’d hate the hire personally. I don’t like his system or play calling. 

When he first arrived at OSU he understood the importance of having an elite defensive line and pass rush. That part would have me excited. He also valued spreading out defenses and running the ball.

However, it’s not happening imo.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

When he first arrived at OSU he understood the importance of having an elite defensive line and pass rush. That part would have me excited. He also valued spreading out defenses and running the ball.

However, it’s not happening imo.

Every coach believes in this. But he can’t recruit his way to a great pass rush. Fortunately he’d be going to a team with one. I wasn’t a fan of his running attack. He criminally underused Elliot and Samuel. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/browns-lt-greg-robinson-has-either-already-been-benched-or-is-in-serious-jeopardy-of-it-source-says.html

Robinsom at risk of getting benched  

He aint the problem, it is the right side that is the issue.

Weird.

thats crazy because you didn't hear a peep out of Clowney or Ansah. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/browns-lt-greg-robinson-has-either-already-been-benched-or-is-in-serious-jeopardy-of-it-source-says.html

Robinsom at risk of getting benched  

He aint the problem, it is the right side that is the issue.

Weird.

I can definitely believe Kush getting benched for Wyatt Teller. I could also see Chris Hubbard getting benched for Kendall Lamm.

Teller and Lamm are better athletes that would make our run game even better.

Edited by candyman93

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

thats crazy because you didn't hear a peep out of Clowney or Ansah. 

I think it has more to do with his penalties and perhaps the mental side of things.  He lost his composure in the opener and is good for at least a penalty a game it seems.

I do think they may want to reconsider what they expect from a LT they picked up off the scrap heap last summer though. If you want very good LT play, perhaps invest in a LT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it has more to do with his penalties and perhaps the mental side of things.  He lost his composure in the opener and is good for at least a penalty a game it seems.

I do think they may want to reconsider what they expect from a LT they picked up off the scrap heap last summer though. If you want very good LT play, perhaps invest in a LT?

Makes 200% sense, At this point, he is too inconsistent in his technique from what I see. He is pretty much a spot starter or starter on a bad team, he will constantly be the focus of teams pass rush focus until the situation changes.

• Like 1

Full disclosure:

Seals-Jones is a capable  TE that needs utilized more. He's also the reason/proof as to why Njoku won't be getting a big deal here. 6-5, 245, Red Zone/downfield seam threat who also is a decent blocker, making him more valuable as a traditional TE. We still need another one, but Njoku hasn't lived up to the billing with the drops/injuries, despite his value in the Red Zone.

JMHO

• Like 2