2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

So I guess baker is hosting a bunch of guys. No OBJ or Landry since they are still rehabbing. Hooper is going to be a great player and great leader for this team. Glad he wanted to work out with Baker and glad Baker took it as a chance to get every one else who was able body to join them as well  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If the Steelers were a team that won only 4 games a year, they’d be seen as a dirty team.

However, because they win, they’re seen as “tough.”

Absolutely true, outcomes define the narrative.

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

James Harrison has been head hunting Browns players for over a decade and got nothing more than a slap on the wrist. McCoy, Massaquoi and Cribbs all got hit by him

Harrison wasn’t alone, they’re pushed the boundaries as a franchise for a long time.

14 hours ago, NateDawg said:

So what are we to do about the collective Steelers fans echo chamber after the Myles Garrett incident from last year. This is surprising and new level of info to be sure. 

I’d imagine they’d be calling for a year or two ban for Tomlin based on their level of disgust with Garrett...

I personally don’t care at all. It’s football and this type of stuff isn’t new.  I also didn’t care about Garrett last year though 🤷‍♂️  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Another nerd. I like it.

Yup. He was the primary analysis guy for the 9ers. Quantitative outcomes analysis in personnel and game day choices from what it looks like. (IE, figuring out what works best in the draft, FA, and on gameday)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

gotta love fighting racism with racism 

Yeah let’s basically penalize a team for not hiring a minority candidate. Also lets penalize established, well run organizations at the same time. Also makes it sound like “hey we don’t think the GM or HC is truly that good, so we will improve some draft pick position to make up for it.”

Teams return to their facilities on Tuesday iirc.

Props to Baker for taking initiative and inviting his guys. QBs and their weapons need the most chemistry and communication. I feel like other positions groups need to just watch film together and break that down.