2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Besides to laud you in being the first ff poster ever to literally bring a Madden create-a-player into the NFL physical plane--seriously, who is Tae Davis?--and mark-my-words'ing you about Mack Wilson, where ya' been?

I've been meditating in the Quantum Realm on the nature of Kai Nacua and the context of Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens' struggles.

Tae Davis was said to be Mike Preifer's favorite leader on the special teams unit last year and the catalyst for positive change via Preifer's own words who also stated that he had to fight to keep Davis solely on special teams.

When I went back and watched Goodson, it was Tae Davis (who happened to be in his rookie year) who kept flashing over and over again.

Mark my words on Mack.... Cheeks....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I've been meditating in the Quantum Realm on the nature of Kai Nacua and the context of Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens' struggles.

Kai exists in duel states, both as the substance forming the one and the distilled Nacuahead.

Tae Davis was said to be Mike Preifer's favorite leader on the special teams unit last year and the catalyst for positive change via Preifer's own words who also stated that he had to fight to keep Davis solely on special teams.

When I went back and watched Goodson, it was Tae Davis (who happened to be in his rookie year) who kept flashing over and over again.

Why do you think they cut him in the first place?  You have the pants in a proverbial tingle about our worst-to-first NFL LB core.

Mark my words on Mack.... Cheeks....

Somehow this word hurts me even more than reading bruceb drop a "people of color"-bomb recently.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Getting Jamal means we are committing to an identity. We’d be dedicated to shutting down passing attacks. 

I don’t want a jack of all trades master of none roster.

I would love that.  Our offense is meant to put up points, so it only makes sense that we design the defense to play with a lead--elite RE and secondary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Kai exists in duel states, both as the substance forming the one and the distilled Nacuahead.

Kai's true nature is the grand mystery.... the puzzle of our lifetime...

Why do you think they cut him in the first place?  You have the pants in a proverbial tingle about our worst-to-first NFL LB core.

My understanding is that Tae Davis was cut a la Carl Nassib cut aka the Giants drafted a guy higher and wanted to get him on the field after they saw what they liked in camp out of their guy Ryan Connelly. Connelly was their future and they went light numbers in the LB room to grow other positions. Also, Davis had a concussion and a knee injury and after playing well and the Giants didn't want to wait on an undrafted LB.

Not sure why BJ Goodson was cut though.

I don't feel good, but the synergy of play that Goodson and Davis found on the Giants where they're alternating cheeks and strengths covered for each other might help the Browns survive the season until such a time when we can draft, sign, or trade for  a true LB high quality impact player.

Somehow this word hurts me even more than reading bruceb drop a "people of color"-bomb recently.

"People of color" acknowledges that someone is a person/human first and is on a different level than Redskins or Cleveland Chief Indian Redface Bugged Out Eyes Go Tribe.

Sounds like bruce is gaining more humanity at the ripe age of 108.

Regional Grandwizard @penisies no longer welcomes him to his "torch-lit" and "other objects on fire" gatherings. Bruce wouldn't go anyway.

What a time...

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I would love that.  Our offense is meant to put up points, so it only makes sense that we design the defense to play with a lead--elite RE and secondary.

You’re right.

I do respect what teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh (to a certain extent) are trying to do. Just be phenomenal at all phases on defense. However, it’s not feasible financially. I can’t find a single weakness in Chicago’s defense, but does anybody think of them as a super bowl contender?

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I do NOT want Clay Matthews and that wouldn’t be the stupidest signing we could make.

He’s 34 and plays linebacker.

People need to stop being emotional and nostalgic.

I didn't know this was a serious thing(?).  I mean, I like Clay and think he'd be great for our LB room, but with his age and declining skillset, I figured he'd be a 1/$2.5 mil type of signing. 

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Kai's true nature is the grand mystery.... the puzzle of our lifetime...

Kai is both the unknowable and the endpoint of the truest crystallization of the human heart.

"People of color" acknowledges that someone is a person/human first

Lol no it doesn't.  What color?  Cheeks.

and is on a different level than Redskins

Well, if one subscribes to "Redskin" being spoken of as an honorary title (the main defense cited by those who say it's not culturally insensitive), POC is on a way lower level.  But if one reads it in the same vein as "whitey" etc., then yes I'll give you that Redskins is worse. 

But also, even if the concession is made that these are worse doesn't inherently mean this isn't another "ebonics" (conjugation of ebony and phonics--let that sink in xD).

or Cleveland Chief Indian Redface Bugged Out Eyes Go Tribe.

I can't argue this one :D.

Sounds like bruce is gaining more humanity at the ripe age of 108.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Regional Grandwizard @penisies no longer welcomes to his "torch-lit" and "other objects on fire" gatherings.

What a time...

Bruh

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I do NOT want Clay Matthews and that wouldn’t be the stupidest signing we could make.

He’s 34 and plays linebacker.

People need to stop being emotional and nostalgic.

At this point clay is just an edge. He can cover. He’s never been much against the run. He can’t go sideline to sideline. 

Shea Patterson sucks. How do you not know how to use a freakish athlete like DPJ? You see how terrible Shea is when showing OSU clips and DPJ is having to dive for underthrown passes.

9:00 is just simply your QB not seeing a wide open player.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

Kai is both the unknowable and the endpoint of the truest crystallization of the human heart.

One day we shall all return to the Nacuan Singularity of which all hitherto energy and states of being hath flown from....

In time, all will be revealed ... we are but the dreams of the Nacuan Oneness ... ashes to ashes ... nacua to nacua ...

Well, if one subscribes to "Redskin" being spoken of as an honorary title (the main defense cited by those who say it's not culturally insensitive), POC is on a way lower level.  But if one reads it in the same vein as "whitey" etc., then yes I'll give you that Redskins is worse. 

But also, even if the concession is made that these are worse doesn't inherently mean this isn't another "ebonics" (conjugation of ebony and phonics--let that sink in xD).

Pure Cheekian.

TL;DR of course

The following has been streamed straight from the Nacua Singularity Mind before Time ....

Ebonics is referred to by those who speak as "a way of speaking" but the stuffy academic types and linguistics scientists now call it AAVE aka African-American Vernacular English.

If one subscribes to "Redskin" is an honorary title, or is a part of the group(s) that mainly cites that as a defense, or cites the always available non-reality propaganda "poll says 10/10 [insert group name here] say they don't find [insert group caricature name here] offensive and they are beyond grateful for being called that word," or cites the "I'm a [insert group name here] and I am proud of being called [insert group caricature name here]" testimonial articles in the corporate toilet tissue rag "news" outlets then it speaks to being completely in a non-reality detached from the thinking reality such people in those groups are in-touch with.

No concession needed and it's not another form of group language style/code as AAVE/"Ebonics" is an indigenous language and communication style mainly used by that group to communicate primarily with other group members.

The Indigenous peoples' slang styles don't adopt or use "Redskin" as a word of honor or even as an altered/appropriated word to take the power and sting away from the original derogatory word by playing with an altered/safe/controlled version of it like many African Americans do when they appropriate the derogatory "n-word" and transform it to a word they control and can use on their own terms by adding an "a" at the end in primarily group based conversations in alignment with the inoculation purpose theory of language for minority communication styles discussed in the fields of semiotics and linguistics.

TL;DR

Bruh

I call it how I see it ...

Not long ago I saw it ...

Ok..ok he doesn't go to the "torch lit ceremonies" but @penisies definitely knows people that do or people that are fond of such gatherings .. lol

What a time ...

• Like 2

@Mind Character, solid points.  For the record, I was just playing devil's @bruceb (redundant? o.O) as far as the Redskins.  In this day and age of melting pot'ness, the idea that such a term would be colloquially charming to the majority of folks of Native American bloodline seems pretty unlikely, whether or not there are a few folks out there who are fine with it for them.  The psychological game of (re)appropriation of such terms as the ol' n-bomb, the ol' R-bomb etc. is still bizarre to me.  You articulated the thought process well, but I just don't agree with it being effective (i.e., I don't think calling oneself a former term of hatred in any way "takes the power back", no matter how many times the idea is floated). 

And honestly, IMO, the P.C. game is samesies as your bff and his alleged flaming crosses; it just dilutes itself from overt offense while segregating through group labels just the same.  I am not sure how in actual disagreement we are here, but I just thought I'd clarify my position a bit more. 

Conversely speaking, I find it all silly and don't understand why people get so upset over words, despite any historical horrors attached to a word; I'm just attempting to be rationally consistent when evaluating accepted phrases for entire groups of people.  Maybe it's because I've witnessed an atrocity or two in my day and just don't understand why words impact so effectively.  I've been called a few doozies but honestly find ethnic jokes about my ethnic background funny, though it's interesting to look into someone's eyes when he/she is expressing something as flimsy as a verbal attack toward one's ethnicity.  But anyway, off to bed.  👌

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1