2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

There was a highlight of just Cousin rolling left off of play action on r/NFL. It could be an absolutely filthy concept for the browns. Faking run action right with Hooper coming back across with the QB with Landry running a post on the front side and OBJ running a streak backside. Heck than add Chubb or Hunt settling right flat for a safety value deep off 

Honestly, here is a super homer optimistic view of our offense next year. It can be a top 5 unit.

Best case scenario is that Baker is a gun slinger type that will make bad throws, but make game winning big boy type of throws. Looking at the 2018 draft class, Bakers style is more likely to win you a ring than a Lamar or Josh Allen.

Not comparing, but guys like Joe Flacco and Eli Manning were average at best during the regular season, but they won rings because they could make big time throws. That’s what I’m hoping for out of Baker.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Is Stefanski wants to build this roster to be similar to his Viking teams, honestly, trading for Adams makes a LOT of sense. The strength of that Vikings D was their safeties. Remember, we’re talking about a 2 time all pro. 

Do we really want to build it like the Vikings defense or like the Woods ‘17&’18 defenses? Vikings defense actually had some talent at the LB position. The Denver defense didn’t have talent at the ILB but he Von Miller and than Von Miller and Chub as those edge guys. I say this team needs to be built more like that Denver team but they run a traditional 4/3 instead. I saying Having Adams and awards we have the floor to being a really good secondary. If Greedy and Delpit play very well we could have a top tier secondary

57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Honestly, here is a super homer optimistic view of our offense next year. It can be a top 5 unit.

Best case scenario is that Baker is a gun slinger type that will make bad throws, but make game winning big boy type of throws. Looking at the 2018 draft class, Bakers style is more likely to win you a ring than a Lamar or Josh Allen.

Not comparing, but guys like Joe Flacco and Eli Manning were average at best during the regular season, but they won rings because they could make big time throws. That’s what I’m hoping for out of Baker.

It’s not super homer optimistic tho. Browns could be a top5 offense cause they have a top5 group of offensive skill players (OBJ Landry Hooper Chubb and Hunt) I really cant think of an  offense really that has two top tier WRs, a top tier TE, a top tier RB, and a top tier x-factor player. They also on paper have an above avg OL, truly depends on Wills.

Like last year, it felt like Freddie tried to drive everything through Baker, instead of allowing the talent to do the majority of the leg work. That’s what you accumulate the talent. now Stef seems like he builds his offense to allow the talent to truly be show cased

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s not super homer optimistic tho. Browns could be a top5 offense cause they have a top5 group of offensive skill players (OBJ Landry Hooper Chubb and Hunt) I really cant think of an  offense really that has two top tier WRs, a top tier TE, a top tier RB, and a top tier x-factor player. They also on paper have an above avg OL, truly depends on Wills.

Like last year, it felt like Freddie tried to drive everything through Baker, instead of allowing the talent to do the majority of the leg work. That’s what you accumulate the talent. now Stef seems like he builds his offense to allow the talent to truly be show cased

Hooper is a only a top tier tight end if you count his excellence in the zone run. His recieving is not spectacular, its efficient and effective. I doubt the rest of the AFC north is ****ting their pants at the thought of Hooper. He isn't the best te in our division, that goes to Andrews. Who is stellar. 

Our offense is top 5 if two people shine, OBJ and Chubb if they blow up we will write some Browns records, maybe the odd nfl one too. 

Baker just needs to be a point guard, give the tight guy the ball. And he needs to keep the energy right, compete when things go bad and focus when it's going well. I think he can do that. 

I trust Kevin to keep the team focused and pointed in the right direction. He seems to have a nice humility to him  

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So no more hero ball?

Save it for 2 mintue drills and when we are down by a score or two late. People comment that the 1st year in an Arians system you throw a ton of ints, Freddie worked under Arians, I wonder is some of that rubbed off on Baker. 

Historically he hasn't been a huge int guy, outside of his time in Cleveland. Hopefully he can find that again.

Steph wants to change some of Baker mechanics, it's late in the game for that as baker is 25 or so. Hopefully that isn't a crap shoot.

Read an article about some of the best athletes on the team people don’t really know about:

DPJ - We on here know.

DJ Montgomery - “4.43 40-yard dash time at his Pro Day, with an even more mercurial 1.52 ten-yard split. He also had a 37.5-inch vertical jump.“

KhaDeral Hodge -“KhaDarel Hodge ran a 4.39 40-yard dash at his Pro Day, while also posting a 38.5-inch vertical jump, and 15 reps of 225 pounds with the bench press.”

JT Hassell - “He turned in a 40-yard dash in 4.38. He rang up 23 reps for the 225-pound bench press. He had a 42-inch vertical leap. He was not recruited by power 5 schools because of his partially grown hand.”

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/05/23/four-freakishly-athletic-cleveland-browns-players-you-might-not-know-about/amp/5/

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hooper is a only a top tier tight end if you count his excellence in the zone run. His recieving is not spectacular, its efficient and effective. I doubt the rest of the AFC north is ****ting their pants at the thought of Hooper. He isn't the best te in our division, that goes to Andrews. Who is stellar. 

Our offense is top 5 if two people shine, OBJ and Chubb if they blow up we will write some Browns records, maybe the odd nfl one too. 

Baker just needs to be a point guard, give the tight guy the ball. And he needs to keep the energy right, compete when things go bad and focus when it's going well. I think he can do that. 

I trust Kevin to keep the team focused and pointed in the right direction. He seems to have a nice humility to him  

I honestly think Hooper could be the best TE in the division. He is going to play in a system that greatly utilizes the TE in a lot of different concepts with in that scheme. I Think once Lamar develops more or they try to develop him more of a passer he won’t get as many looks. Andrews saw so many open looks cause of LBs getting sucked in to stop Lamar. Hooper has some of, if not the best hands out of all the TEs. Dude catches anything that is thrown near him. 

you say no one is crapping their pants thinking about stopping Hooper. No one in the division is crapping their pants thinking about stopping Andrews either. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Read an article about some of the best athletes on the team people don’t really know about:

DPJ - We on here know.

DJ Montgomery - “4.43 40-yard dash time at his Pro Day, with an even more mercurial 1.52 ten-yard split. He also had a 37.5-inch vertical jump.“

KhaDeral Hodge -“KhaDarel Hodge ran a 4.39 40-yard dash at his Pro Day, while also posting a 38.5-inch vertical jump, and 15 reps of 225 pounds with the bench press.”

JT Hassell - “He turned in a 40-yard dash in 4.38. He rang up 23 reps for the 225-pound bench press. He had a 42-inch vertical leap. He was not recruited by power 5 schools because of his partially grown hand.”

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/05/23/four-freakishly-athletic-cleveland-browns-players-you-might-not-know-about/amp/5/

I've loved this kid since we got him as and UDFA, reminds me of Shaquile Griffen....he's a little smaller, but I think this kid develops into our starting SS.....and when we play the Ravens and we need to go to the "Big Nickle"...he's that perfect 3rd saftey....(Delpit, Joseph, Hassle) and that contains Lamar Jackson IMO.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

DPJ - We on here know.

Best part is Hodge and DJ were on the team last year. They were deep threat kind of WRs, they could have easily filled in that Perriman role. Just shows you how bad the coaches dropped the ball. I’m surprised with how bad coaching was last year that Zamp didn’t get better offers. I really hope Zamp turns things around for Haskins as Washington’s QB coach

Edited by buno67