2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Some stats I was looking up.

I assume we are running Gary Kubiaks scheme. During his Denver days, the #1 TE was targeted 30% of all passing plays. Now that was with Shannon Sharpe. Vikings also spent a high draft pick on Irv Smith who is a similar build to Shannon.

The only guy on our roster that I believe fits the TE mold we want is Njoku. It’s a contract year for David and he’s been working out with Baker. I won’t be surprised if he has a breakout season. I’d do whatever it takes to keep him unless he wants somewhere above 8+ mil a year. TE’s are going to be a focal point of this offense.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I assume we are running Gary Kubiaks scheme. During his Denver days, the #1 TE was targeted 30% of all passing plays. Now that was with Shannon Sharpe. Vikings also spent a high draft pick on Irv Smith who is a similar build to Shannon.

The only guy on our roster that I believe fits the TE mold we want is Njoku. It’s a contract year for David and he’s been working out with Baker. I won’t be surprised if he has a breakout season. I’d do whatever it takes to keep him unless he wants somewhere above 8+ mil a year. TE’s are going to be a focal point of this offense.

I would say Hooper is closer to Sharpe than Njoku. Sharpe was a pretty willing blocker. So is Hooper. Njoku hasn’t shown he wants to be a willing blocked. He has to be this year tho. Best thing about Hooper is him having that experience with Shanny. He prolly could bring some stuff with him and share to make TE use even better in this offense

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I wouldn’t assume that. Stefanski isn’t going to run someone else’s offense. He’s going to run his own. It might be similar but it won’t be kubs offense. Last year he didn’t really run kubs offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t assume that. Stefanski isn’t going to run someone else’s offense. He’s going to run his own. It might be similar but it won’t be kubs offense. Last year he didn’t really run kubs offense. 

I think he ran Kubs rushing schemes but not his passing schemes

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t even carry a 5th. We have 3 TEs who can all line up wide. 

I agree with the TEs part but I still think we carry 5 WRs for special teams reasons, that 5th WR rarely sees a lot of catches but can be really useful for punt coverage and returns

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pmk said:

I agree with the TEs part but I still think we carry 5 WRs for special teams reasons, that 5th WR rarely sees a lot of catches but can be really useful for punt coverage and returns

DPJ

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nah. Increased scoring opportunity. It’s only PR anyway. KRs don’t exist anymore. 

He has 42 returns in his career for an average of 6.9 ypr and a long of 25.

That career average would have placed him 21st in the league last season.

Landry is a much better option if you want someone who’s actually produced back there.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He has 42 returns in his career for an average of 6.9 ypr and a long of 25.

That career average would have placed him 21st in the league last season.

Landry is a much better option if you want someone who’s actually produced back there.

We seen Landry try his first year. He was terrible.