2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I think things will fall somewhere in between even if he has a very good year.

He simply is not and I do not think will be Mahomes-like elite.

Well no one knew Mahomes was going to be that good. Helps that Mahomes prolly has the best offensive minded coach of our generation as his HC. You think Mahomes does what he has done dealing with Hue, Haley, Williams and  Kitchens? F’ no. Let’s see what he can do with Stef first 

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Easy to do that when you can’t go anywhere and can enter a room with the click of a button. Let’s see what he does when real camp starts. 

well when it’s camp, it’s gonna be hard when those individuals meetings are going to happen all at the same time. The individual meetings right now prolly get set up on what everyone wants to do. So it allows for baker and whoever to join them when they don’t overlap other meetings  

So I can see you now in a couple of months saying, well baker isn’t joining those other individual meetings now, so he must not be a leader...

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well no one knew Mahomes was going to be that good. Helps that Mahomes prolly has the best offensive minded coach of our generation as his HC. You think Mahomes does what he has done dealing with Hue, Haley, Williams and  Kitchens? F’ no. Let’s see what he can do with Stef first 

Helps too that Mahomes is considerably larger and a better all-round athlete.

Mayfield hasn't proved anything.

He will have to prove it this year and repeat next year, and even then he will not command elite compensation.

31 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Mayfield hasn't proved anything.

He will have to prove it this year and repeat next year, and even then he will not command elite compensation.

Baker proved that he can play in the league. We all witnessed him setting the rookie QB TD record in 13.5 games. 

Quit acting like last year was 100% all on Baker. We literally saw freddie completely implode. He installed an Arians type scheme instead of keeping the Haley type scheme that scored him a top tier offense for the 2nd half of the season last year by DVOA standards. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Quit acting like last year was 100% all on Baker.

The predicate for my comments is this statement: "We all know we have some HUGE contracts coming up, not just BIG...but the type that can reset markets....at DE and QB."

I simply disagree that Mayfield, even if he does very well this year and next, will not have earned and will not receive a "HUGE" market resetting contract.

Not acting like last year was 100% all on Baker.

Fascinating how so many in this forum are so adept at mind-reading (not) and imputing motive and meaning that do not exist.

Edited by bruceb
Clarification

I don't care if Baker is Mahomes or not, I just want him to be somewhere between a Top 8-12 QB in the NFL...somewhere in that "Dak Prescott" tier.

With all of the weapons we have, we just need him to be very capable on 3rd down to move the chains, complete high percentage passes, LIMIT TURNOVERS, and be efficient in the Red Zone.

Ideally, you want Baker throwing between 24-32 passes a game, with Chubb/Hunt combining for about 2,500 rushing yards this year. That's how this offense has been built and should be operated.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just want baker to not throw 17 unpressured INTs this year. 

Eh, not a lot of practice time with the receivers, coaching going off script on game day, etc.

Dude was swimming upstream all season.

Not saying he doesn’t bear some responsibility, just that the deck was stacked against him last season.

Just as a rule of thumb, don’t judge a guy by total interceptions. If he’s making dumbass Jameis Winston throws, that’s a problem. If it’s like young Big Ben or Brett Favre, it’s different. 

Ben and Brett tested all levels of defenses and it made their offense as a whole better. It’s why those 2 had tremendous playoff success as well.

Bakers problem is that he wants to play like them, but doesn’t have the arm strength they did. I just hope he developed a “muscle memory” from his mistakes.

Edited by candyman93

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I just want him to be somewhere between a Top 8-12 QB in the NFL...somewhere in that "Dak Prescott" tier.

This is what i expect and I will be ok with it so long as he works within the system.