2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mary Kay thinks it’s still 50/50 we sign Clowney.

I think we get a answer in July. Guys are wanting to avoid June camps.

No reason at all to rush and sign a 12M contract. I think he signs a 1 year 6-8M deal and stay in Seattle to make him look good for another year. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No reason at all to rush and sign a 12M contract. I think he signs a 1 year 6-8M deal and stay in Seattle to make him look good for another year. 

Wanna look good, Why stay in Seattle than? What could make you look better than playing across from Garrett? Especially when Cleveland’s DC just came from system that allowed the DL to just feast 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Wanna look good, Why stay in Seattle than? What could make you look better than playing across from Garrett? Especially when Cleveland’s DC just came from system that allowed the DL to just feast 

Agree.

And pocket more cash.

Who knows, maybe he will like it here?

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

From the outside looking in no one has looked good playing here. In Seattle he’d have a shot to win. Winning makes players look better than they are. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

From the outside looking in no one has looked good playing here. In Seattle he’d have a shot to win. Winning makes players look better than they are. 

Schobert got himself a good deal. Gipson got himself a nice contract a few years ago. Cameron Jordan got him self a goos deal a few years ago. Lavao got himself a good deal. Schwartz looked good here. Haden. Prolly a few more but I can’t think off the top of my head. 

Still this is prolly the most talented Browns team prolly since the prime Bernie. This team can win as long as Stef doesn’t have his head up his arse like Freddie did

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/Article/Jadeveon-Clowney-NFL-free-agency-Seattle-Seahawks-Cleveland-Browns-offer-147938397/

"My understanding is the Seahawks have been in the range of $15 million on a one-year deal for Jadeveon Clowney," Florio said on 106.7 The Fan's Chad Dukes vs. The World. "The Seahawks have been led to believe that the Browns offered 18 (million), and he has yet to take that.

"I don't know what he wants. With him, it comes down to getting a number that he's happy with."

The Browns are considered a "sleeper team" for Clowney, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler reported in early April, with first-year general manager Andrew Berry appearing interested in adding the three-time Pro Bowl defensive end's services.

"We're actively always looking, whether it's draft, free agency, trades, waiver wire, you name it, to add players to our roster," Berry said, according to WKYC.com's Ben Axelrod. "Obviously Jadeveon, he's a good football player. But for us, it really goes back to something I mentioned maybe a few months ago. Rest assured, across all opportunities to acquire players, we're going to be aggressive in adding talent to the roster."

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Jadeveon-Clowney-NFL-free-agency-Seattle-Seahawks-Cleveland-Browns-offer-147938397/

"My understanding is the Seahawks have been in the range of $15 million on a one-year deal for Jadeveon Clowney," Florio said on 106.7 The Fan's Chad Dukes vs. The World. "The Seahawks have been led to believe that the Browns offered 18 (million), and he has yet to take that.

"I don't know what he wants. With him, it comes down to getting a number that he's happy with."

The Browns are considered a "sleeper team" for Clowney, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler reported in early April, with first-year general manager Andrew Berry appearing interested in adding the three-time Pro Bowl defensive end's services.

"We're actively always looking, whether it's draft, free agency, trades, waiver wire, you name it, to add players to our roster," Berry said, according to WKYC.com's Ben Axelrod. "Obviously Jadeveon, he's a good football player. But for us, it really goes back to something I mentioned maybe a few months ago. Rest assured, across all opportunities to acquire players, we're going to be aggressive in adding talent to the roster."

Seattle has 13 mil in cap space and still has to pay their rookies. They need to start cutting guys now just to have the necessary cap space.

I’ve read that he doesn’t want to be in a 3-4. So imo, it’s us vs Seattle.

Edited by candyman93