Week 1 | Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0)

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Detroit Lions
    • Arizona Cardinals

Who | Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0)

When | Sunday, September 8th 1:25 PM PST (4:25 PM EST)

Where | State Farm Stadium, Glendale AZ

TV | FOX

Players to Watch

Detroit Lions
QB | #9 | Matthew Stafford 
RB | #33 | Kerryon Johnson
WR | #19 | Kenny Golladay

DE | #90 | Trey Flowers 
LB | #40 | Jarrad Davis 
CB | #23 | Darius Slay 

Arizona Cardinals
QB | #1 | Kyler Murray
RB| #31 | David Johnson
WR | #11 | Larry Fitzgerald 

LB | #56 | Terrell Suggs 
LB| #55 | Chandler Jones 
SS | #36 | DJ Swearinger

I didn't know how I felt when I left the stadium. But a couple days after here's what I took away. David Johnson looked great, which is massive if we're going to have any success this year. Jordan Hicks was an absolute monster the whole game. Lord knows, we don't have  the defensive line to stop the run, so he's going to have to be that the whole year for us to continue to have success. I thought the secondary did pretty damn good for being a bunch of 3rd CB options. I think that the final touchdown the Lions scored in the first half was largely due to the defense having to play the whole time and being gassed. If the offense can show up earlier in the game, that's only going to help the defense too. Chandler Jones and T-Sizzle looked pretty good on pass rush, but no surprise there. 

That's what I am for sure going to take away. Anything beyond that is too speculative. We saw two different Cardinals offenses there, and the Lions defense played pretty vanilla most the game too, very few blitzes. I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of blitzing this next week in Baltimore, which is good. Kyler needs to become more exposed to that. Kyler of course was deadly in that fourth quarter, but looked like a corpse in the first three, especially when throwing to Christian Kirk. We'll see going forward, but it's just tough to know what to actually take from a game like that. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...