Bears Fans

dll2000

All summer everyone lost their minds over every kick.  That bloody defines us collectively. 

I didn't expect Thurs. to happen, but I said all week first games are often anomalies. I have seen it a 1000x at all levels of football.  

It's never as bad as you think UNLESS you panic and poor gasoline on the fire with our mass negativey.  Which is exactly what we are doing.  We are like an army that breaks and turns a defeat into a route.  Since my kids were born we have certain household rules.  My number one rule is Never panic! Second was don't get bath water on the floor LOL.  

All preseason everyone made excuses for Daniel poor play because he had no blocking and it's true to an extent.   You can't play QB under constant pressure.  Why doesn't MT get same excuse?  Rodgers didn't play good under pressure either.  He played better than MT, but who has ever argued that MT is better than Rodgers?  Given that Rodger had two drives over 25 yards.  Two!   MT had many.   How many drives were killed by penalties? How easy is it to covert a first down after a ten yard penalty?  It's not.  

Now I had to eat crow every where I went since Thursday and it isn't fun.  I have had to skip my usual entertainment of Bears podcasts and this forum because it's not fun to listen to or read.  

But having said all that the Sun is shining right now.  I have a beautiful wife and kids, a home, a job and an extended family.

I love the Bears and football, but my priorities are God, family and football falls somewhere way underneath all that.  If you are depressed over this game snap the F out of it.  1) It's not that important and 2) the Bears are still going to be very good this year AND MT and Nagy will bounce back and be above average.   

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

All summer everyone lost their minds over every kick.  That bloody defines us collectively. 

I didn't expect Thurs. to happen, but I said all week first games are often anomalies. I have seen it a 1000x at all levels of football.  

It's never as bad as you think UNLESS you panic and poor gasoline on the fire with our mass negativey.  Which is exactly what we are doing.  We are like an army that breaks and turns a defeat into a route.  Since my kids were born we have certain household rules.  My number one rule is Never panic! Second was don't get bath water on the floor LOL.  

All preseason everyone made excuses for Daniel poor play because he had no blocking and it's true to an extent.   You can't play QB under constant pressure.  Why doesn't MT get same excuse?  Rodgers didn't play good under pressure either.  He played better than MT, but who has ever argued that MT is better than Rodgers?  Given that Rodger had two drives over 25 yards.  Two!   MT had many.   How many drives were killed by penalties? How easy is it to covert a first down after a ten yard penalty?  It's not.  

Now I had to eat crow every where I went since Thursday and it isn't fun.  I have had to skip my usual entertainment of Bears podcasts and this forum because it's not fun to listen to or read.  

But having said all that the Sun is shining right now.  I have a beautiful wife and kids, a home, a job and an extended family.

I love the Bears and football, but my priorities are God, family and football falls somewhere way underneath all that.  If you are depressed over this game snap the F out of it.  1) It's not that important and 2) the Bears are still going to be very good this year AND MT and Nagy will bounce back and be above average.   

DL, really generous words. I am a bell weather fan and won't rant every minute of every day because the team massively under achieved. I was just supremely upset because Nagy had us believe we were ready for the next level and albeit a one game sample size they blew massive chunks on offense under his direction. I have seen this enough under Lovie, Trestman, & Fox. I want a competitively balanced team in all phases.

That is all

Edited by malagabears
  • Like 2

I'll kick in at least one thought.

Rodgers was also playing against a much better defense than Mitch was.  When it was clear to Rodgers that LaFleur's scheme wasn't producing he improvised the way Rodgers always does.  I call it playground football and he's very good at it.  Currently Mitch has little to no ability to do that same thing other than to tuck and run himself.

Pettine schemed to take away the two things he felt Nagy would attempt to ride all game long, 1) Inside zone running, and 2) Passing in Mitch's comfort zones 10-20 yards downfield and it worked because neither Nagy or Mitch ever adjusted to it or adapted on the fly. Both were completely outclassed by a defense that's not an equal of ours.

I've already written other opinions in other posts I won't repeat again here but IMHO Nagy needs to get his **** together and be less obsessed with his play calling and more with coaching his team and his QB.  He's showing indecisiveness at key moments as far as making the right call and THAT could also be impacting Mitch because there is still and umbilical cord between then that's not been severed yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Green Bay's defense is going to be very good, though. We've known that from the start. 

I dunno what to say about that other than with as much as they invested in it it's not likely it would be worse.

As any good DC should do Pettine schemed around his weaknesses and Nagy played right into that scheme as he expected.

It's probably not wholly inaccurate to state that our offense is much better than that.....at least on paper.  But despite having better personnel than GB would ordinarily match up with that well Nagy failed to benefit from it with his game plan and obsessive play calling.

Only two people really held that offense back Thursday night.  Nagy and Mitch and that's because Mitch is still highly dependent on Nagy to do his thinking for him.  Any indecisiveness on Nagy's part also = indecisiveness on Trubisky's part and that was obvious most all game long.  Mitch still can't seem to just let loose and let his instincts take over and that's a huge problem.

If Nagy, Helfrich, and Rags can't break Mitch of his habit of looking to "Big Daddy" for instructions and approval he'll never learn to play off his instincts OR even worse he has none or he lacks confidence in them and if that keeps happening then no, we still don't have our QB. 

That's how I see it today.

I'm off the ledge but I am just so beyond tired of being disappointed by this team. It's infuriating to watch your shiny new QB and coach completely shoot themselves in the foot. None of the play calling made any sense at all which is absolutely maddening to watch as a fan. On to the next game I guess. Hopefully they all learn from this painful lesson.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, soulman said:

I dunno what to say about that other than with as much as they invested in it it's not likely it would be worse.

As any good DC should do Pettine schemed around his weaknesses and Nagy played right into that scheme as he expected.

It's probably not wholly inaccurate to state that our offense is much better than that.....at least on paper.  But despite having better personnel than GB would ordinarily match up with that well Nagy failed to benefit from it with his game plan and obsessive play calling.

Only two people really held that offense back Thursday night.  Nagy and Mitch and that's because Mitch is still highly dependent on Nagy to do his thinking for him.  Any indecisiveness on Nagy's part also = indecisiveness on Trubisky's part and that was obvious most all game long.  Mitch still can't seem to just let loose and let his instincts take over and that's a huge problem.

If Nagy, Helfrich, and Rags can't break Mitch of his habit of looking to "Big Daddy" for instructions and approval he'll never learn to play off his instincts OR even worse he has none or he lacks confidence in them and if that keeps happening then no, we still don't have our QB. 

That's how I see it today.

I'd throw the offensive line in there too, they did a poor job imo

12 minutes ago, BearDownTexas said:

I'd throw the offensive line in there too, they did a poor job imo

True but it all come back to a single source and that's the game plan and it's preparation.  What Nagy got and Mitch saw was not what they prepared for and that could not be more obvious than if it was lit up in lights on the giant scoreboard.

Adjustments could have been made so why weren't they?

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Green Bay's defense is going to be very good, though. We've known that from the start. 

With their free agent signings along with year two in the same system, I think everyone expected an improvement. I don’t think anyone expected them to shut down the offense to the point of only scoring three points. 

If you do not have serious concerns that our QB might suck then you are being a blind homer because you do not have the emotional maturity to process and deal with what that means for this franchise.

My priorities are family then football.

But I am willing to try praying if that will mean that Mitch would stop sucking.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Not sure about very good. They added 3 decent players + drafted a S who may or may not be good. I do agree that they'd be improved though.

18 minutes ago, Epyon said:

What's really curious to me, is that James Daniels, was PFF's top rated offensive player for the Bears.  I don't even know how that is possible.

It's not curious at all. PFF is, was and will be a gigantic joke.

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Second was don't get bath water on the floor LOL

What, you don't replacing tiles?!

Nice post. I'm just as pissed as everyone but I'm not calling for pitchforks just yet after one game.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If you do not have serious concerns that our QB might suck then you are being a blind homer because you do not have the emotional maturity to process and deal with what that means for this franchise.

There's a difference between being concerned and completely freaking out after the first game of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What, you don't replacing tiles?!

Nice post. I'm just as pissed as everyone but I'm not calling for pitchforks just yet after one game.

There's a difference between being concerned and completely freaking out after the first game of the season.

Freaking out would be calling for Chase Daniel.

As we stand right now. If we had to bet our life saving on Mitch sucking or Mitch being a top 10 QB, all of us if we are being honest, would put the money on SUCK.

That is the most important discussion about this team. In fact nothing else matters.