Bears Fans

dll2000

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

They're not bad but they're definitely not on the Bears D level in terms of being very good.  

It's really just semantics, which is what I was getting at when I responded. I'd pile more superlatives on the Bears D than "very good", for example.

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

This Bears Fan is moving on.  We've dissected that game and so has every Bears media guy worth his laptop and byline.

We have 15 more games to play and at this point in time I believe we've wrung the last debacle out for all it's worth.

It'll be funny if they don't lose another game. Make looking back on week one...kinda twisted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's really just semantics, which is what I was getting at when I responded. I'd pile more superlatives on the Bears D than "very good", for example.

It'll be funny if they don't lose another game. Make looking back on week one...kinda twisted. 

As unlikely as that is it would make for some interesting discussions.

I believe the worst thing to come out of this for the team as a whole is some very high profile players have set themselves up to simply be doubted about whatever they may say from now on and beyond the players that would include Nagy as well.

Don't tell us you're so ready to kick *** and take names that all that's left to do is for the names to be chiseled into the tombstones then come out and crap the bed so badly some fans want the QB traded and the HC fired after one lousy game.

IMHO most Bears Fans can take losing far better than they can take being lied to or feeling misled......and I'm one of those.

11 minutes ago, soulman said:

As unlikely as that is it would make for some interesting discussions.

I believe the worst thing to come out of this for the team as a whole is some very high profile players have set themselves up to simply be doubted about whatever they may say from now on and beyond the players that would include Nagy as well.

Don't tell us you're so ready to kick *** and take names that all that's left to do is for the names to be chiseled into the tombstones then come out and crap the bed so badly some fans want the QB traded and the HC fired after one lousy game.

IMHO most Bears Fans can take losing far better than they can take being lied to or feeling misled......and I'm one of those.

Who said that?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Sorry, that they were ready to kick *** and chisel tombstones

Eddy Jackson was saying stuff along these lines.  Then he went and said it was unacceptable for Bears fans to boo the team after that performance. 

I love Eddy but how can you blame those fans who paid a lot of money to go watch that garbage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Sorry, that they were ready to kick *** and chisel tombstones

The only one I heard say that was Mack and his defense gave up 10 points

Poetic license.   Kyle Long and a few other "offenders" we're fairly strong in their pregame quotes.

Until proven differently that's also my new name for our offense.

We have Chuck Pagano's "defenders" and Matt Nagy's "offenders".  ;)

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Eddy Jackson was saying stuff along these lines.  Then he went and said it was unacceptable for Bears fans to boo the team after that performance. 

I love Eddy but how can you blame those fans who paid a lot of money to go watch that garbage. 

My comment to Eddie would have been then stop bragging as a team go out and play 60 minutes of football.

Added to that would have been, "You ain't been around this town long enough to realize WHY that happened stud".

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Poetic license.   Kyle Long and a few other "offenders" we're fairly strong in their pregame quotes.

Until proven differently that's also my new name for our offense.

We have Chuck Pagano's "defenders" and Matt Nagy's "offenders".  ;)

I mean, what else did you want them to say? "Yeah I guess it'll be fun to hit again?" Surely the question was in regards to not playing in August. To a tee they did go out and hit. Had they said "Yeah and we're going to win" I'd be more inclined to call them liars

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I mean, what else did you want them to say? "Yeah I guess it'll be fun to hit again?" Surely the question was in regards to not playing in August. To a tee they did go out and hit. Had they said "Yeah and we're going to win" I'd be more inclined to call them liars

I don't think anyone would deny they had us pretty pumped up throughout camp and preseason.

Enough so that crapping the bed like the offense did has led to some mighty big over reactions.  Wouldn't you agree?

I wouldn't go that far especially since Mitch Trubisky actually does have some football sense KW never had.

I think what we're all upset about is that Nagy and his staff over promoted Mitch to us all summer long and they weren't alone.

We saw others who wrote about him being in contention for an MVP Award and those were in stark contrast to others who wrote about all of the picks he was throwing during camp.  Still others excused this by claiming it was because he was up against the best D in the NFL and that was plausible enough for us to accept.

Nagy also claimed they were testing Mitch to see what he could handle and then would eventually boil that down into what he felt most comfortable with and was most effective with. What we're seeing now is a failure for any of that to have worked once the real games began. Bad Mitch came out again and stayed all night.

Dan Wiederer did a nice write up about it which I posted in another thread.  It's worth reading because he summarizes what many of the rest of us have which is simply Mitch is nowhere near as far along in his progress as we've been led to believe by Nagy and Co.  In that respect I'll agree with you.  We've had a lot of smoked blown up our collective *****.

But the real question is where do they go from here?

Edited by soulman

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't think anyone would deny they had us pretty pumped up throughout camp and preseason.

Enough so that crapping the bed like the offense did has led to some mighty big over reactions.  Wouldn't you agree?

The crapping did, not the things they said. They could have been mutes and I would've been just as discouraged