Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

Not to be a conspiracy nut, but what do you suppose the odds are that this was (at least somewhat) his plan the whole time? Force a trade out of Pitt -> Sign a massive deal full of guaranteed money but with the correct structure that the team can wiggle out from under it if you act like an idiot -> Proceed to act like an idiot at a level that they have no choice but to cut ties with you While they still can -> sign with the team you really wanted to play for the whole time. I just find it odd that he had a contract physically signed less than 4 hours after getting released. It certainly wouldn't be above Belichick to tamper that way. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Not to be a conspiracy nut, but what do you suppose the odds are that this was (at least somewhat) his plan the whole time? Force a trade out of Pitt -> Sign a massive deal full of guaranteed money but with the correct structure that the team can wiggle out from under it if you act like an idiot -> Proceed to act like an idiot at a level that they have no choice but to cut ties with you While they still can -> sign with the team you really wanted to play for the whole time. I just find it odd that he had a contract physically signed less than 4 hours after getting released. It certainly wouldn't be above Belichick to tamper that way. 

I don't think AB is that smart or thinks that far ahead. It's more likely that he's just an absolute tool and can't control himself anymore. 

I believe AB just has mental issues but if he did this on purpose he should face a large suspension with possible lifetime ban.  If there is evidence that the Patriots tampered then they should forfeit picks to the Raiders and those picks should be first round value.  BB should also be looking at facing substantial fines, suspensions, and possibly banned.  This would be a huge black eye for the league.

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

I think it's very likely. We've already seen how he made a big story of the helmet issue only to get more money out of it. He and his team are smart when it comes to business. I don't think anything he did was illegal (except recording Gruden) so i don't know what there is to investigate. The league should be worried though because players will learn from this.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think AB is that smart or thinks that far ahead. It's more likely that he's just an absolute tool and can't control himself anymore. 

AB probably isn’t smart enough to engineer something like this himself, but his agent is Drew Rosenhaus, who definitely is.

Considering Rosenhaus and the Patriots organization are involved, I’m aboard the conspiracy train for this one.

25 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Loving Waller more and more. Would be great if he has a breakout season with the extra targets he'll get now.

He was the player I enjoyed watching most on Hard Knocks. I have some experience in my family of addiction and mental health and I found the way he spoke about his past really inspiring and insightful. One of a number of players we have on the team who will be really easy to get behind. Fingers crossed he is as advertised.

• Like 1