Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

If there are football gods, this will be the end of the Patriots.

I don't think we all realize how this effected everything... this trade happened in March and the roster then built around it. Imagine if instead of investing that money (at the time) to this moron, they invested in defense. Z Smith, P Smith, etc. 

Just another egg on the face of the Raiders moment. Gets really old being the laughing stocks of this league man. Really old.

• Like 3

What was so great, if you think about it was....

When Brown signed with the Raiders, there was no signing bonus, just guaranteed salary (once he was on the roster in week 1)

Rosenhaus/Brown set up the contract in such a way that the Raiders would have the ability to get out of it scott free. Had they gave him a 10 million or whatever signing bonus up front there would be dead money and/or the Raiders would have to attempt to actually get that money back from Brown once the check was already cashed. So, by design, they made this a really easy decision for the Raiders and to that end it helped them (Brown) get exactly what he wanted (Free Agency)

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If there are football gods, this will be the end of the Patriots.

I don't think we all realize how this effected everything... this trade happened in March and the roster then built around it. Imagine if instead of investing that money (at the time) to this moron, they invested in defense. Z Smith, P Smith, etc. 

Just another egg on the face of the Raiders moment. Gets really old being the laughing stocks of this league man. Really old.

All we can do is laugh.  ☹️

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think we all realize how this effected everything... this trade happened in March and the roster then built around it. 

For the second year in a row, we've lost a player that we built our entire scheme around the week before the season starts. Last season our entire defense was built around Mack and moving him around the DL to create favorable matchups for the rest of our pass rushers. 

By Greg Olson's own admission our whole offense was built around AB and as of Friday he was game planning "all camp knowing that AB would be in the offense." 

It's also pretty sad that Gruden's belief that he could handle AB is likely what's going to cost Carr his job with the Raiders. 

My last 2 cents are:

1) was ab one of the players Gruden was talking about when he bragged about players wanting to play for him/raiders? If so major L

2) I remember t Will was juiced we got ab and mentioned that ab fueled his decision to sign with us. I wonder if he’s still juiced that he signed with us

Hollywood Brown just scored an 85 yard TD. If Gruden wouldn't have put all of his marbles in for AB we could've used that money to sign Le'Veon Bell and then used the 24th pick to draft Hollywood, that 3rd round pick to draft Winovich, and that 5th round pick to draft Mack Wilson. Sigh. 

• Like 1

We got played. The Raiders really botched this whole thing and played right into what AB truly wanted. 

I know everyone has really been upset with AB and his antics, but I've said it before, Mayock f'd this up. 

AB has a brilliant team around him and is not as crazy as everyone thinks he is.

8 minutes ago, true2form said:

I know everyone has really been upset with AB and his antics, but I've said it before, Mayock f'd this up. 

This is 100% on Gruden. Do you think that Mayock wanted to give up draft assets for AB? Hell no. Gruden thought he could get this guy on the right path and for the second year in a row has given up draft picks for a player that will have zero impact here. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hollywood Brown just scored an 85 yard TD. If Gruden wouldn't have put all of his marbles in for AB we could've used that money to sign Le'Veon Bell and then used the 24th pick to draft Hollywood, that 3rd round pick to draft Winovich, and that 5th round pick to draft Mack Wilson. Sigh. 

We may not agree on who we should sign or draft but I have been saying this for a long time now the AB trade changed everything this off-season for us and will have a trickle down effect on our team for the next few years.  I do not want the NFL to investigate so we can get a pick back specifically.  I want NE to pay because they push the boundaries every year that erode the integrity of the league.  I want justice for my team but if this league takes anymore steps toward looking like the NBA I might just stop being a fan.  AB's personality belongs in the NBA already and I never wanted him on this team because of what he is.  I respect his talent and excepted that my coach was going to use him but have zero respect for the human being.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We may not agree on who we should sign or draft but I have been saying this for a long time now the AB trade changed everything this off-season for us and will have a trickle down effect on our team for the next few years.  

Yup. We shaped our entire offense around him and his absence is going to have a huge effect on how we play this season. The whole AB saga will likely cost Carr his job here long term after another disappointing season because we're going to need a new franchise QB heading into the Vegas market. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yep I wanted Hollywood at 24 and we could of got Jacobs at 27. Was telling everyone Eagles are not drafting a RB in the 1st. They go OL or DL every year. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep I wanted Hollywood at 24 and we could of got Jacobs at 27. Was telling everyone Eagles are not drafting a RB in the 1st. They go OL or DL every year. 

I would've preferred a full-court press on Bell and drafting Hollywood at 24. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yup. We shaped our entire offense around him and his absence is going to have a huge effect on how we play this season. The whole AB saga will likely cost Carr his job here long term after another disappointing season because we're going to need a new franchise QB heading into the Vegas market. 

I think Carr's expectations will be lowered a little bit and he will get another year.  Especially at the rate QBs are getting pay increases.  I also think Carr will look better this year and I was one of the first posters here calling for him to be cut.  Statistically he might not be much better but I think he will run the offense the way it is suppose to be run.  I really like what I have heard from Carr and Gruden about running more often wen the opportunity presents itself.  It keeps forward momentum and slows down the pass rush.