Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, FreshPrince said:

Yeah WTF are you serious? The one part about this that makes me sick is that he got what he wants. That professional athletes are up in the comments applauding him. It’s the most 2019 thing ever. Cry and pout and throw a temper tantrum until you get your way. Screw everyone else, as long as you get what you want. No penalties, only rewards. 

Literally how professional sports operates. Suspending him isn't going to hurt him. He's already made enough money and hasn't been shy about "walking away" from the game. 

And sorry, but almost every NFL player already gets that treatment. What do you think holdouts are?

The talking heads and the NFLPA made this as soon as they put the idea in players' heads that they were undercompensated slaves to the owners. It's gotten worse, and will get worse. 

I believe it was Steve Young on a show once who got into the debate with another former player (I can't recall who) about it. The other guy was talking about "passion and teamwork and comradery" in regards to why someone's teammates should support some holdout. Steve finally stopped him and pointed out, aptly enough, that the guy holding out doesn't care if his teammates lose because he's holding out over a couple hundred thousand of a multimillion dollar contract, and he's not looking out for other guys on the team to get paid more too. 

So long as NFL players are being paid like kings in comparison, this is the type of "me first" mentality you can expect. It's rare that top players take pay cuts for the sake of the team, and they should be applauded for it more often. 

But if you think that there is anything you can do to Antonio Brown that really amounts to punishment that hits home, best of luck. Zeke, Melvin Gordon, think they care? No. Josh Gordon? He doesn't care. Justin Blackmon didn't care and won't until he's flat broke like Vince Young. Anyone who has already made a fortune in the league won't care until they run out of money, and for a guy like Antonio Brown, that really probably just isn't going to happen. 

And trust me, the Patriots won't care either. What? Gonna ban them from the post season like the NCAA? Take away wins? Fine a billion dollar franchise? Take away draft picks? Suspend Bill, Tom, and Bob? 

Just let it go. Antonio is a dramatic crap human being who will inevitably get his one day. No point in stressing about it because when/if something is done and it doesn't cause a ripple, you'll just be disappointed. Like I said, just pray a Raiders or Steelers defender catches him over the middle. He's clearly despised for better reasons than money. Let karma play guys.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

Brown had absolutely no intention of playing 1 single snap for the Raiders once he signed the contract with them. It should not be that hard to prove in a thorough investigation he did this to maneuver himself to NE. At the very least Oakland should get the picks back. Not the ones from Pittsburgh but compensation picks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, billking said:

Brown had absolutely no intention of playing 1 single snap for the Raiders once he signed the contract with them. It should not be that hard to prove in a thorough investigation he did this to maneuver himself to NE. At the very least Oakland should get the picks back. Not the ones from Pittsburgh but compensation picks.

If NFL doesn’t do anything, the Raiders should hire their own investigator. 

I want to make a Youtube video about all the evidence against Brown but I have no doubts he would sue me for slander unless I keep wording it as “Possibly” etc. 

AB operates like EA Sports. Say something negative, get served. There’s a reason EA is still around despite terrible games...

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If NFL doesn’t do anything, the Raiders should hire their own investigator. 

It may come to that, Gruden played it very coy in that interview saying how he thinks AB is a great guy and all and that it just didn't work? He along with everyone else is fuming right now in the organization and dont want to tip their hand one little bit.

• Like 1

Just now, billking said:

It may come to that, Gruden played it very coy in that interview saying how he thinks AB is a great guy and all and that it just didn't work? He along with everyone else is fuming right now in the organization and dont want to tip their hand one little bit.

It will be a quiet investigation imo. 

• Like 1

Last thing I will say in this situation is you have to feel for Carr. That man welcomed him into his home. Always seemed to go out his way to say something nice about AB. Tried his best to give him what AB wanted with Big Ben and that’s like a family type of relationship. Even Gruden who stuck out his neck for AB. Hope both of them use this as fuel. 

• Like 1