Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, British said:

Doss has turned down the Raiders and opted to stay on the Jags practice squad with a raise. 

Can't even hate. One, we opted to not keep him, which has to sting given how well he did for himself here. Two, he definitely will get more opportunities in Jacksonville. Three, doesn't have to deal with our locker room and coaches picking up the pieces emotionally. I thought they offered him a roster spot too?

End of the day, I'm legit bummed it didn't work out. I have no idea what is up with this dude, but as soon as TC started he was wack. Its a shame because I truly believe our offense could be special with him on it, he is a phenomenal talent. But his behavior has been erratic and continually puts his organization, from top to bottom, in tough situations. I was stoked when we got him, thinking he had a shot to flip the script and be a baller on and off the field for us. I didn't think he was as unstable as he is, because the media does tend to take stories and run with them. But, man, that all went up in flames. Just the way he handles things and then plays the victim is just...something. Like, I know at the core of it he isn't a bad dude. But he doesn't make things easy on people who are going to bat for him. Who knows what would happen after a 4 game losing streak? We have a tough schedule this year, its not like we were going 10-6 with him around. Not to mention, it appears as though financially we may have gotten off scot-free. Which is hella nice. Would have been great for things to work out, they just didn't. I'm not tripping over this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

On the bright side, we can really get a feel for our depth chart. Between Renfrow, Grant, and Nelson, I'm hoping for at least 1 viable starter.

I think Grant is the only option as a starting boundary guy currently. That's the toughest part of this imo. Fortunately, we have enough other options where we can flex guys out wide from other spots at times. Waller/Richard/Jacobs. I'm looking for more 2 TE sets now and more dual receiving RB formations as well. I miss Marcell Reece.