Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, British said:

Doss has turned down the Raiders and opted to stay on the Jags practice squad with a raise. 

He really turned down a chance to be on the 53 for the practice squad.  I wonder what happened there because I do not believe I have ever heard of a player doing this.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He really turned down a chance to be on the 53 for the practice squad.  I wonder what happened there because I do not believe I have ever heard of a player doing this.

I don't get it... they offered him a rookie minimum to stay on the PS. Why would the Raiders just up their offer? Hell.... they have an extra 30 mil laying around now lol

Just now, big_palooka said:

I don't get it... they offered him a rookie minimum to stay on the PS. Why would the Raiders just up their offer? Hell.... they have an extra 30 mil laying around now lol

The money is equal but would rather be on their practice squad than on our roster?  Its like he is an angry ex-girlfriend or something happened that he really does not like about the team.  I also thought he was a hometown fan growing up.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe it's because Gruden told everybody what we saw on TV wasn't reality they saw on the field when they cut him. Just maybe.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe because we don’t think he would play much. He doesn’t play special teams which means he would have to be a starting WR which he isn’t. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The money is equal but would rather be on their practice squad than on our roster?  Its like he is an angry ex-girlfriend or something happened that he really does not like about the team.  I also thought he was a hometown fan growing up.

So they can't offer him more money an a roster spot?

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Same. All the top-end talent is obviously gone. Let's save it for some other solid signings next year.

We will have $95 million without cutting anyone and 40 players under contract that includes the 7 draft picks.  Wish that number was 42 with a 3rd and 5th from this year.  43 if you count the 3rd we gave away to the Steelers the year before.  

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Cause it's not true. He picked jags practice squad over raiders practice squad.