Week 1: Seahawks at Packers

Webmaster

Week one will see the Seahawks travel to Green Bay.  Kickoff is scheduled for 4:25 ET and televised on Fox.   It should be a great game.  What are your predictions for the final score?

@showtime @Meeker @SoS @animaltested @Seachickens @imani @Zman724 give me your thoughts on the game.  Also, welcome to the new members @brazilianguy and @pepto.  Glad to have new Seahawks fans on the forum.  

Excited to be up at 3:30am watching football once again!

Really looking forward to three things...

The New Toys on Defense, and what the 2017 pass rush will look like (Trending Back towards 2013-14, or Continuing the Downward Decline)

If 2017 will be "How Russell Got His Wiggle Back"

If the OLINE with be Offensive or OFFENSIVE.

Reasons the Packers can win:

- Their DL is great against the run and Mike Daniels is going to line up against the right side of our OL, the weaker side.

- Bakhtiari and Bulaga (if he plays) will probably hold their own against our EDGE rush.

- TEs always gives the Seahawks troube and the Packers probably will play tons of 2 TE sets to counter our improved pass rush.

- Aaron Rodgers will probably have no trouble dink and dunking against a Griffin and Lane, with his very strong cast of wide receivers.

- Michael Bennett's offsides: we have all the reasons to be scared of the prospect of giving free plays for Rodgers scares me.

- Green Bay has been outstanding against the Seahawks at Lambeau.

Reasons why the Seahawks can win

- Packers secondary is very exploitable. Expect Richardson and whoever lines up opposite to him to run a lot of go routes to make big plays happen and oppen the middle of the field for Graham and Baldwin do their things in quick passing.

- Russell's evolution when it comes to getting the ball quick out of the pocket to mask our OL difficulties.

- We might have a reliable running game.

- With Clark and Avril consistently rushing the edges, they wont be able to cheat Bennett and Richardson inside. Expect Rodgers to be running for his life often.

- DAT defense in general. With improved pass rushing comes more turnover opportunity. Seahawks should have a massive edge in the turnover department. As inconsistent as Griffin and Lane will likely be, these two have knack for making the plays on the ball.

- We've been the healthiest since maybe the 2015 NFCCG .

Imo, Seahawks are a slight favorite due to superior roster and improvements all across the board. This offensive line was so bad and young last season that they seem like a lock to improve. They are just slight favourites because the Packers trench play is no joke and their QB/WR combo might be the best in the league, and home field, even though the Lambeau is far less scary in week 1 than week 14.

This is gonna be a good one.

This game is so tough to predict.  I am really hoping the Seahawks win, but their offensive line vs the Packers pass rush is really scary.  Russell Wilson will be able to buy some time with his scrambling ability, but I'm hoping he doesn't get hit too much.  Coming into the game, I think the Packers are very slight favorites mostly because they have home field advantage; however, I see the Seahawks defense being able to contain the Packers offense just enough to pull out the victory

Anybody have any plans or rituals they do for NFL Sunday?  Anything special to eat, places to go, certain people you hang with, etc?  As for me, this Sunday I will be watching the game with a close friend and having some pizzas.  I have not had a single slice of pizza since the Superbowl!  I was saving the occasion for game day so this might be a brand new developing tradition for me - have pizza during NFL game day =)

By season's end, I believe we'll be the best team in the NFC. However, this is a spot I don't believe we'll overcome and win.

It's all about playing in GB & that we just don't start well and on the road at GB? I doubt it.

I think we have more talent but our CB's outside of Sherm aren't ready to deal with Rodgers. At year's end, we'll be good enough.

23-20 Packers. I hope I'm wrong. 

Playing Green Bay week 1 is rough. I expect us to come out a little flat on offense as that is our MO every year, but there were moments this preseason that made me believe it was possible this group could start more quickly. Either way, this game wont be a good indication of how good either of these teams will be for the year, but i think it will be the game that determines whether or not we have homefield advantage in the playoffs.

I expect it to be sloppy in the first half and pick up in the 2nd with a 1 TD game

Feel like this is gonna be like week one of the 2014 season. I just don't think GB has the ability manage 4 good to great pass rushers on the field every play and that's almost impossible to block

Have to say this is the most excited I've been for a season in a few years, think we have a great chance at being a huge bully in the NFC. 

Archived