Week 1: Seahawks at Packers

Webmaster

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

To me, it's absolutely mind-boggling that the Seahawks have done so little to invest in their OL.  I mean, I know I'd have a heart attack if Aaron Rodgers was behind that OL for 16 games plus any playoff games.  In terms of spending, the Seahawks are dead last in terms of OL spending at less than 10% of their salary cap being invested in their OL.  Why do the Seahawks invest so little in their OL?

I think the Seahawks have tried to invest in their offensive line, but it just has not worked out.  For example, in 2010, the Seahawks drafted Russell Okung #6 overall.  Okung showed flashes of being a really good player, but he was often injured.  More recently, the Seahawks have drafted an offensive lineman in the second round of this past draft.  In 2016, the Seahawks drafted an offensive linemen in the first round.

My cousin is a big Rams fan and I think they have had similar problems across the offensive line.  It's partly talent evaluation being poor and poor offensive line coaching.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

To me, it's absolutely mind-boggling that the Seahawks have done so little to invest in their OL.  I mean, I know I'd have a heart attack if Aaron Rodgers was behind that OL for 16 games plus any playoff games.  In terms of spending, the Seahawks are dead last in terms of OL spending at less than 10% of their salary cap being invested in their OL.  Why do the Seahawks invest so little in their OL?

As a Packer fan, I just dont understand how you guys haven't put at least a couple pieces together on that oline recently that should be above average. it really seems to be the thorn in Schneider side when it comes to that front office's talent evaluation lately.

some how the packers over the recent years have lost quality starters on the OL to free agency but continually find legit quality replacements from UDFA's & 2nd/3rd day picks (4/5ths of the starting line yesterday). yet the seahawks just cant seems to catch a break there (maybes its Thompson's philosophy of drafting pure college tackles & moving them to positions of need)

i suppose every team has a weakness, but there has to be a big emphasis put on the offensive trench this upcoming offseason for seattle. Every other position was in too good of shape to trot out that kind of OL this season imo

5 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the Seahawks have tried to invest in their offensive line, but it just has not worked out.  For example, in 2010, the Seahawks drafted Russell Okung #6 overall.  Okung showed flashes of being a really good player, but he was often injured.  More recently, the Seahawks have drafted an offensive lineman in the second round of this past draft.  In 2016, the Seahawks drafted an offensive linemen in the first round.

My cousin is a big Rams fan and I think they have had similar problems across the offensive line.  It's partly talent evaluation being poor and poor offensive line coaching.

Which is absolutely crazy to me given how many Packers fans have been clamoring for John Schneider to replace Ted Thompson when he eventually retires.  I mean, I know every talent evaluator has their weakness, but OL is kinda crucial.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Which is absolutely crazy to me given how many Packers fans have been clamoring for John Schneider to replace Ted Thompson when he eventually retires.  I mean, I know every talent evaluator has their weakness, but OL is kinda crucial.

for what its worth I think the Schneider replacing Thompson ship has sailed after JS's new deal with Seattle which apparently no longer has an 'out' for the packers GM spot.

Many Packers fans on here think that Eliot Wolf or Russ Ball are the top candidates to replace TT at this point. 

Frustrating game all around. The call on Lane that prevented the pick 6 was brutal. I thought our defense played very well. Offense could not get any rhythm going. My hope is that the O-Line can get into form and at least be a little better like it was at the end of the 2015 season.  

On 11/09/2017 at 3:07 PM, CWood21 said:

LT: 3rd round pick

LG: 8 million dollars FA

C: 2nd highest paid center in the league.

RG: 4th round pick

RT: 1st round pick

Compare to what the GB packers have. Seattle has been among the teams with most draft capital spent on OL in the past few seasons.

I think the Seahawks offensive line problems are related to the complexity of ZBS and negligence of our coaching staff (namely Cable) regarding pass pro fundamentals.

We can't run and cant protect the pass by philosophy

Regarding to JS: he is the best GM in the league, hands down.

Yeah I dont understand the whole Seattle "doesn't invest in offensive line" narrative, they invest alot and have invested alot.

During the Pete Era

Okung - 1st

Carp - 1st

Moffit - 3rd

Britt - 2nd

Glowinski - 4th

Poole - 4th

Ifedi - 1st

Odi-hambone - 3rd

Joke-el - $$$$$$

Pocic - 2nd

Its just they have had a horrid hit rate. And their philosophy includes saving money relying on rookie salaries on the oline. (Letting Okung, Sweezy, Breno walk). 

Archived