Week 1: Seahawks at Packers

Webmaster

The offense looks terrible.  Offensive line is bad, but I am hoping they can improve over the course of the season.  Jimmy Graham was really disappointing today, it somewhat seemed like his head was not all the way in the game for whatever reason.  I think the Seahawks need to utilized Russell Wilson as a runner a little bit more.  Wilson is capable of picking up large chunks of yardage as a runner and has always been really smart about sliding or getting out of bounds.

Defensively, the entire unit looked great.  Really tough and deflating to play a great game and have your offense continually stall out drives.  Really could not have asked for a better effort from those guys, all things considered.

With all that said, it is only one game and honestly, it was a really tough opponent on the road - so we shouldn't be too down about taking a loss here.

Crappy way to start 2016, but eh, could have been worse.

Going into GreenBay, Week 1 and losing by one possession isnt apocalyptic especially considering 7 points was taken off the board, 7 of GB points were straight up gifted (fumbling at the 2 yard line), Graham couldn't catch a cold and Seattle just really got unlucky with penalties and non-calls.  

Offensive and line looked miserable, defensive line looked great.

Shaq looks really good, held his own very nicely. 

Carson might be the best option going forward.

Other than the missed Lockett throw, Russell, when he had time made good throws. Got to see vintage RW running around throwing outside the pocket. Good to see considering last year.

P-Rich didnt get hurt. In fact, I dont think there were any big injuries.

Bounce back next week, and all is right in the world. Hopefully, Seattle gets another shot at the Packers in December.

Just now, brazilianguy said:

Griffin was really impressive. Was picked on by some of the best in the bussiness and notbonly held his own but actually looked good. Good debut. High hopes.

Agreed.  Really nice to see Griffin shine when thrown into the fire like that.

And agreed, Seahawks should use Wilson's legs more often. Probably more if the OL keeps sucking. To have one of the most OL-proof QB in the league and not use him properly is criminal. Rough game for Odhiambo, Ifedi and Glowinski.

I think Griffin earned his starting spot today and Carson is on his way, played better than Lacy.

ThhSeahawks didn't lose becuase of a couple of bad refereee calls, they lost because the offensive line is perhaps the worst in NFL history. Your defense looks strong and Rodgers looked rusty so I get why the low scoring game, but with the exception of Carson getting a couple of good rush's, the RB's were stopped in their tracks. Eddie must have been hoping the Packers had resigned him. 

Not really too worried about that loss on the road. Really hard to win games like that given all the circumstances and moments in the game that went against us. The game was a lot closer than it felt at the end, and having the greatest defensive half against Rogers in his career is definitely a Silverlining going for 

18 hours ago, showtime said:

The offense looks terrible.  Offensive line is bad, but I am hoping they can improve over the course of the season.

To me, it's absolutely mind-boggling that the Seahawks have done so little to invest in their OL.  I mean, I know I'd have a heart attack if Aaron Rodgers was behind that OL for 16 games plus any playoff games.  In terms of spending, the Seahawks are dead last in terms of OL spending at less than 10% of their salary cap being invested in their OL.  Why do the Seahawks invest so little in their OL?

Archived