FA 2020

drfrey13

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ever heard of get woke and go broke?  The deal ain’t going to double if the NFL loses a significant portion of its viewership by painting BLM at midfield instead of the Shield and running Crapernick ads 24/7.

The current state of the country and the recent public protests say otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

And the vast majority of Americans don’t care for BLM’s (the organizations) message.

Note: When I say BLM I’m referring to the organization, not the saying “black lives matter” 

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Really what majority of Americans?

i think the nfl will lose more $ from COVID restrictions than anything political but that’s just my honest opinion 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your confusing media coverage and initial reaction with a horrible act to popular opinion with a radical Marxist organization.

While the Vast majority of American’s support calls for change of some sort to policing policies the more that they learn of BLM, the organization, the more they’re support for the organization deceases.

Your even starting to see black celebrities speak out against BLM the organization.

But if you just listen to CNN I can see why you might think almost all Americans support BLM.

Idk if your actually familiar with BLM the organization but one of their main goals is to dismantle the patriarchy 

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.”

“Comrades” is a “dog whistle” for Marxist’s.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

The last thing the Black Community needs Is less Family Structure and fathers in the home.  In fact, studies show the lack of a father in the home is the biggest reason for the troubles the black community 

Oh lord. I thought you already been told chill with this nonsense. 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Brown may have proven to become a very good RT but there were a lot of very serious issues.  you make it seem like he was just out of shape but there was far more to that story.  Not to mention there is still reason to believe Brown might not have a long NFL career.

Not to me, I thought he was the best OT in that draft, and I seem to remember everybody having a high grade on him until his awful combine. But my words were at the time the guy is a beast on the field, some people don't look good in workout settings, but are just football players. I had watched him alot..

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jim just cant help himself 

I can’t help myself,,,, yet after the moderator ended it you just have to pile on and add your personal 2 cents and extra jab?  

Ain’t that the pot calling the kettle black!

I don't think Clowney is a realistic option. I think Tennessee is such a great fit for him that it's really just down to the Titans v. how much they are willing to spend. His best years were when Vrabel was his DC. The Titans are a team that had playoff success. I kind of think that's enough for him to have locked onto the Titans as a landing spot. I think Cleveland/Vegas interest in Clowney might be to drive up Tennessee's price as all three are realistically shooting for that wildcard spot (Ravens/Chiefs/Colts are semi-locks). Not just this year, but like roll over cap and we still don't want them improving in 2021.

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

I don't think Clowney is a realistic option. I think Tennessee is such a great fit for him that it's really just down to the Titans v. how much they are willing to spend. His best years were when Vrabel was his DC. The Titans are a team that had playoff success. I kind of think that's enough for him to have locked onto the Titans as a landing spot. I think Cleveland/Vegas interest in Clowney might be to drive up Tennessee's price as all three are realistically shooting for that wildcard spot (Ravens/Chiefs/Colts are semi-locks). Not just this year, but like roll over cap and we still don't want them improving in 2021.

That’s a smart move by Mayock if your right,,, if I was GM I’d be “offering” deals to players like Clowney constantly to drive up the price for my opponents.  It’s not like Mayock can’t back out of there deal. 

I think the simpler explanation is Gruden is a child and wants every player he can get and Mayock is smart and conservative and placates Gruden by Offering something like 12M, knowing full well Clowney won’t take it and even if he did that’s a win for us.  Then when the price gets driven up he doesn’t budge and He can tell Gruden “hey, we tried!”.

• Like 2

There is a screenshot going around of Clowney's IG of him posting a picture of a Raiders helmet. No longer on his IG, so not sure if it was photoshopped, but interesting to say the least. Training camp is weeks away. Him signing with a team will happen soon. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, raidr4life said:

Not to me, I thought he was the best OT in that draft, and I seem to remember everybody having a high grade on him until his awful combine. But my words were at the time the guy is a beast on the field, some people don't look good in workout settings, but are just football players. I had watched him alot..

During the season he was my top OT.  He just looked like a man playing with little kids in college.  When he ran a 4.8 40 I had to rethink it but his tape was just too good.  I was at work during the draft and somebody told me we drafted an OT.  I got excited because I thought for sure it was Brown because they talked about Miller being a LT.  Then I found out it was Parker and I figured Miller would be on the right side.  When I read Parker was on the right in camp my first thought was has he ever played there.  I remember him being a small school prospect that dominated on the left his entire college career.  

• Like 1