FA 2020

drfrey13

Since there are 2 days until gameday and I am sick of talking about taking out the trash I decided to start a forward looking thread about who we would target with what should be $90+ million in cap space for next year.  My number one target is Dante Fowler if he can go another year of keeping his nose clean and progressing as a player.  Not much in the WR department unless we look at Cooper  but I highly doubt that.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leonard Williams and Roy-Robertson Harris are 2 guys I'd pursue for the interior, depending on how it goes. Judon and Fowler at end. De'vondre Campbell and Shaq Thompson at LB.
WR is pretty awful. Don't see anyone worth pursuing.

Man, Big Cat could have been perfect for what Guenther wants out of Cle. Scherff could be nice too @Trojan.

Now without AB around, we have 28 mill available according to this site. Wonder what kind of pass rusher we could have kept with that money. We could have taken someone else in Ferrell's spot too. Probably would have taken Jacobs with the pick though as it would have been lower. And still dealt Coop for Abram. 

The retrospective what-if game is fun, but not productive, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trojan said:

Brandon Scherff is my top want right now. Gruden's system isn't far off from his brother and it's an option to replace Richie Incognito.

I’ll be called a homer because he went to Iowa. But he’s a good player at a position of need. If he’s available, I hope the Raiders get on the phone with him as soon as FA starts.

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I’ll be called a homer because he went to Iowa. But he’s a good player at a position of need. If he’s available, I hope the Raiders get on the phone with him as soon as FA starts.

I did not think about it until all of you posted it but Jay Gruden could be on our staff next year and that might be the biggest no brainer FA pick up for us.  We have the cap and need and he has the comfort and familiarity with Jay.

• Like 3

Ngakoe/Fowler with Sherff and Big Cat.  If Miller can reach his potential I really like that o-line.  D-line will look a lot better and I would not mind taking a flyer on Bud Dupree.  There are a few good LBer options and Byron Jones will probably hit the market.  Could be a great year to have cap space except for WR.

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Ngakoe/Fowler with Sherff and Big Cat.  If Miller can reach his potential I really like that o-line.  D-line will look a lot better and I would not mind taking a flyer on Bud Dupree.  There are a few good LBer options and Byron Jones will probably hit the market.  Could be a great year to have cap space except for WR.

I feel like next years FA class is going to suck!!

On 9/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, NYRaider said:

If the Jaguars let Yannick Ngakoue walk we should break the bank to sign him. He's only 24 and has been one of the most productive edge players in the league the last two seasons. 

I'd be ok with giving him 17-19 mill/year

18 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Most FA classes suck. Great players almost never make it to FA.

It depends on what you're looking for - if you're looking to buy a team of stars through FA then you're going to have a lot of disappointment. If you're looking to supplement your best players and young draft picks with seasoned vets and a few good value scheme fits it can make a huge difference. Few of the really big money FAs ever play up to their price tag but many under the radar free agents bring excellent value.

• Like 1