FA 2020

drfrey13

come on man.... was hoping for Jordan.... I think Gruden offensive system can work, but idk abut the Bengals ole DC. He's average and needs alot of great players to fit his system, he isn't some defensive mastermind, or else he would have came up with some dynamic blitz scheme by now. We basically run a man system, hoping our corners can cover man to man and hope our DL with 4 men can get to the QB, and giving alot of range/coverage to the rest of the guys on the field . would shine more if we had dominate DL like Geno and good ends like Johnson and Dunlap were back in the day. Our LBs aren't that fast beside Morrow too

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

come on man.... was hoping for Jordan.... I think Gruden offensive system can work, but idk abut the Bengals ole DC. He's average and needs alot of great players to fit his system, he isn't some defensive mastermind, or else he would have came up with some dynamic blitz scheme by now. We basically run a man system, hoping our corners can cover man to man and hope our DL with 4 men can get to the QB, and giving alot of range/coverage to the rest of the guys on the field . would shine more if we had dominate DL like Geno and good ends like Johnson and Dunlap were back in the day. Our LBs aren't that fast beside Morrow too

Can’t call a coach average if he has below average talent to work with, same thing with Cable, now he has talent, all the sudden he’s capable. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Maybe I can close my eyes when we are on defense and dream of a Pagano led defense.  The other person Gruden let walk on defense that I think could have made up for letting Mack go.  Gruden said he knew that he wanted Guenther even before he decided to come.  Pagano was on staff when we decided to draft Conley and guess who is a coach on the Texans staff?  One funny thing I just saw on the Texans sight is that Brian "The Steroid" Cushing is a strength and conditioning assistant.  I wonder what advise he gives the players.  He probably focuses on workout "cycles".

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Can’t call a coach average if he has below average talent to work with, same thing with Cable, now he has talent, all the sudden he’s capable. 

Pagano took us from a bottom D to top ten after KNJ was let go.  Same players but different D-coordinator.

Gruden could have had the best coordinators in the league on JDR's staff and he would not have interviewed them.  He knew who he was bringing in.  Just like he got rid of Mack.  It is his ego.  Can he be the coach we need? Yes but he would rather lose than not look like the savior of this team.  I know that last sentence sounds stupid but his ego will not allow for someone else on his staff to steal his thunder.  We have to either succeed because of Gruden or we are going to fail.  If our defense became top 3 in the league, our offense sucked, but we were still winning he would find a way to torpedo it because of the criticism he has received about TB.  That's right my friends that Super Bowl is still hurting our team.

It’s easy to throw PG under the bus but to be honest he still doesn’t have much talent. Like someone (I think BP) said: who are the blue chippers on this team? Heck who are the guys you have to scheme away from? The talent on defense ranges from average to below average. You can’t take that talent level to GB against an angry Aaron Rodgers and expect to win. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

Why would we need to outbid other teams? We are playing good football and offer a great opportunity, especially for DE. I wonder how these hacks stay employed.

Huh. Cause other teams want his services to. We 3-3. There are other teams with similar or better records that need pass rush help that would have to outbid us to. Not sure why he is a hack for saying we need to outbid other teams. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

It’s easy to throw PG under the bus but to be honest he still doesn’t have much talent. Like someone (I think BP) said: who are the blue chippers on this team? Heck who are the guys you have to scheme away from? The talent on defense ranges from average to below average. You can’t take that talent level to GB against an angry Aaron Rodgers and expect to win. 

Exactly. The Raiders defense has been talentless for years. The best player on defense outside Mack was Charles Woodson on his last legs. 

Until this team gets with the program and invests in finding LBs who can play and guys who can get after the passer, the DC shouldn't take a lot of blame. This defense is so void of talent it's hilarious. 

The D is playing to its talent level. They're not good enough when they have to face Mahomes and Rodgers. Against Denver, Indianapolis and Chicago, they looked alright. When they start getting gashed by backup QBs, like they used to do, we can all panic.

It goes for the whole team as well. We're not going to win many games against playoffs teams at this point. No one should be surprised when we don't. Chances are we lose to the Texans (not a good matchup for our running offense) but i guess we'll be treated to another week of overreactions anyway.

58 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Huh. Cause other teams want his services to. We 3-3. There are other teams with similar or better records that need pass rush help that would have to outbid us to. Not sure why he is a hack for saying we need to outbid other teams. 

We offer a great opportunity for a player like Jordan to re-ignite his career. I took it as we would have to overpay which is not the case. Fair market value plus a huge opportunity. I doubt there will be a huge bidding war for him anyway. 

50 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The D is playing to its talent level. They're not good enough when they have to face Mahomes and Rodgers. Against Denver, Indianapolis and Chicago, they looked alright. When they start getting gashed by backup QBs, like they used to do, we can all panic.

It goes for the whole team as well. We're not going to win many games against playoffs teams at this point. No one should be surprised when we don't. Chances are we lose to the Texans (not a good matchup for our running offense) but i guess we'll be treated to another week of overreactions anyway.

I dont know why. But I like our chances vs Texans more than I do the lions. I thought we would go 1-2 in this 3 game stretch and this would be the one.

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I dont know why. But I like our chances vs Texans more than I do the lions. I thought we would go 1-2 in this 3 game stretch and this would be the one.

Imo, our ability to run is the key to win games so i like our chances more vs Lions (28th run D) than Texans (T3rd run D).