FA 2020

drfrey13

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on man.  Williams is an average #2, Renfrow played well in the slot but was a rookie and far from a proven commodity.  

Zay Jones, Gafford, Ateman, Doss and Harris LOL flat out trash....  

Exactly renfrow was rookie and balled out. He isn't going to get worse as he gets more experience... He got better as year went on.

Tyrell is fine for a #2 and redzone target. Pair those guys with real #1 and we are solid at WR considering we got Waller and jacobs as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree that we are viewed as an up and coming team.  I am not sure what you are basing that on but it certainly isn't talent.  

What I do agree with is that there are larger dumpster fires that what we have going on right now.  Thanks Washington B|

I think a lot of players will be very familiar with Gruden and Mayock, they both come across as football guys and full of enthusiasm. They can both talk a great game and I think with the high profile move, a promising young draft class and world class facilities we most likely are viewed as an upcoming franchise and a new and exciting location to play football in.
Of course it’s all supposition and I know a lot of players won’t have heard or even care about the legacy but I think players coming out now will care about the here and now rather than the past futility or the eras of dominance. Maybe it’s just me but the media perception seems to have changed on us, we’re not seen as the laughing stock anymore and there’s plenty of positive publicity. 

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

By overpaying for players you sacrifice depth.  Joyner last season was supposed to be a great signing as he was versatile and had been an outstanding player on a roster littered with talent.  He comes here and we have zero pass rush, he has to run around with WR's for 10 seconds, got torched and people want to blame him.  The reason he looked bad was because we are asking him to things that not many players can do and that has to do with our roster being so depleted of talent especially in the pass rushing department.

He didn't just forget how to play football in one offseason...  My point is that if you overpay for players without the proper surrounding talent and depth they will most likely disappoint like Joyner did last year.  

I just dont think people did their research on Joyner. But joyner wasnt the RIGHT guy for what we ask him to do. He had played safety the previous 3 years and we ask him to go back to slot corner. Not a nickel safety.  A legit slot CB. That's not what he is. There are plenty of players who perform if actually put in position to. Guenther has to use his personal properly. 

Edited by dante9876

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

Exactly renfrow was rookie and balled out. He isn't going to get worse as he gets more experience... He got better as year went on.

Tyrell is fine for a #2 and redzone target. Pair those guys with real #1 and we are solid at WR considering we got Waller and jacobs as well.

Renforw was a rookie and I would hardly call 49 receptions, 600 yards and 4 td's balling out LOL  He is a rookie and has a lot to prove before he is a proven commodity in my book.  I like his game and the potential is there, I am not doubting that but the Raiders WR corp is trash.

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on man.  Williams is an average #2 who has problems with drops (he has averaged 45 YPG and .3 Td's a game) those are hardly "high end #2 WR" stats, Renfrow played well in the slot but was a rookie and far from a proven commodity.  

Zay Jones, Gafford, Ateman, Doss and Harris LOL flat out trash....  

Well can you name 40 WR better than Williams? without bias, I doubt it.  
Yes but Renfrow wont be a rookie next year, we are talking about moving forward, we saw what renfrow can do. He would be an excellent slot player and a number 3. 

Zay jones as our 4th, ateman 5th and Doss 6th - all pretty bad i agree but all have different traits which is what you want in depth. 

I think youll be amazed at how much a guy like CD will open things up for our other WRs..

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Renforw was a rookie and I would hardly call 49 receptions, 600 yards and 4 td's balling out LOL  He is a rookie and has a lot to prove before he is a proven commodity in my book.  I like his game and the potential is there, I am not doubting that but the Raiders WR corp is trash.

50 grabs 600 yards in slot as 5th rounder rookie? Dunno what your expectations are... Also most of that production was later in year and dude missed games. Your nuts if your not happy with rhaty production from rookie slot wr.

We also have waller which is luxory to have. 

As it stands now raiders aren't great at wideout. You throw CeeDee or juedy and it becomes pretty solid 

16 minutes ago, roi34 said:

50 grabs 600 yards in slot as 5th rounder rookie? Dunno what your expectations are... Also most of that production was later in year and dude missed games. Your nuts if your not happy with rhaty production from rookie slot wr.

We also have waller which is luxory to have. 

As it stands now raiders aren't great at wideout. You throw CeeDee or juedy and it becomes pretty solid 

I am happy with Renfrow as I stated before and I think he had a good year that exceeded expectations.  There are still a lot of questions though as he is far from a proven commodity.  

Like I said the rest of our WR's are trash.  The transition from College to the nFL and rookie WR's ability to deal with press coverage on the NFL can be challenging so thinking that CeeDee or Juedy and step in day 1 and be a game changing elite #1 is asking a lot.  

Also who knows if we go WR in the 1st.  We could go 3T and CB and I would be very happy as we can get WR depth later on.  

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

14 million a year? damn , we aint touching a contract like that. im sure the back end is easy on the contract but damn! and still with trashbinsky?lol

I agree and don't steal my name for Trashbinski Hahahah  I am glad it has caught on because he is trash B|