FA 2020

drfrey13

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

what about Malcolm Jenkins, would bring some leadership to the back end of the defense. 32 but still playing at a high level.

I'd be interested but he's probably looking for one final big pay day. It would be nice pairing him with Abram to show him the ropes though.

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Does anyone know how much cap room we have left?  

Can’t really say as all the details of the deals, minus Kwiatkowski, haven’t been released.

if we just assume cap hits of:

Littleton- 12.0m

Mariota- 6.0m

Witten- 3.0m

Collins- 4.0m

then we have 13.7M

Edited by jimkelly02
This includes the draft class into the cap

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

wonder if we could flip Gabe Jackson for a mid round 3-4 pick

We still can always move some money on Trent Browns deal around.

hes got cap hits of 21.5 this year then 14.0 and 15.25m.  You could easily free up 8M with a restructure that moves 8M+ of his contract to the last 2 years.  He’s still only have cap hits of 18.0M and 19.25M then.  That won’t seem tremendous once the new CBA and salary cap hits plus inflation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Gabe Jackson has less owed to him than Ereck Flowers got and the trading team doesn't need to guarantee anything. I don't want to move him, but he has to have value.

ive been all for keeping Gabe, but if we can get a 4 for him, we can use that 10 mil on a starter on defense.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Gabe Jackson has less owed to him than Ereck Flowers got and the trading team doesn't need to guarantee anything. I don't want to move him, but he has to have value.

Seeing this (Flower’s 3y,30M) deal plus Fants’ 3y,30M deal with the Jets, Glasglow’s 4y,44M with Denver, Vaitai’s 5y,50M with Detroit..... I’d assume Jackson’s current contract would have a value of around a 3rd.  No upfront or guaranteed money and below market cost for a player who is a tier above these recent signings.