FA 2020

drfrey13

On 9/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, big_palooka said:

Gruden has no direction for this team. Thems just facts. You trade away good players, to "rebuild" then trade for AB a legit crazy person and think sticking him on a rebuilding team will work?

His next act will be swapping out the QB trying to find lightning in a bottle. That's coming in 2020, count on it.

Ouch. I hope Mayock can talk some sense into him...

On 9/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, drfrey13 said:

Let's assume we get rid of Carr and need a new QB.  I do not see us drafting one very high.  Gruden likes vets and there will be a lot of QBs on the market next year.  Which one do you think he goes after.  I am not saying this is the right move but could easily see it happening since Gruden loves vets and Gruden will be in year 6 or 7 most likely before the drafted QB starts to play well enough for us to start thinking playoffs.

Teddy Bridgewater

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Case Keenum

Nate Sudfeld

A.J. McCarron

Paxton Lynch

Trevor Siemian

Ryan Tannehill

Mike Glennon

Brett Hundley

Blake Bortles

Sean Mannion

Cody Kessler

Nathan Peterman

Luke Falk

Taysom Hill

Nick Mullens

I could see him taking a chance on any of the bolded players.

100% Jameis Winston would be Gruden's  guy if he could get any of those and was done with Carr.
The one thing Gruden has been good at in his career is making QBs more efficient and if someone cut turnovers out of Jameis' game he would be a top QB. His personality and outspokeness are things Gruden likes and I just sense they would gel.

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I think he was decent in 2017. He seems rattled like Carr now though.

Neither are rattled.  They just need a better line, better coaches, better play-callers, more 6-4 WRs that run sub 4.4s, Julian Edleman clones in the slot, and each one gets a top 3 WRs in the league.  It has nothing to do with them.  They are both fine.

Carr costs about...

2020 (21.5 mil)

2021 (22 mil)

2022 (20 mil)

Since Carrs contract we've got HUGE averages...

Wilson 35/ Ben 34/ Rodgers 33.5/Goff 33.5/Wentz 32 and Ryan 30, so Dak will be in the 30's

Foles got 22 for 4 years but a 2 year out and those last two years are 27, So why would younger (25 yr) and higher potential players like Winston or Mariota take less?!? They'll probably get 3 year 25 per just because of the need for a QB.

So unless we get someone under 20mil, I really don't see moving on from Carr as a good idea. It will cost more but create 'false hope' that they would be much better with the same talent. Change for changes sake because 'it's VEGAS Baby' might be why but...It would be a mistake. We're rebuilding and have a guy who is good enough until the team is better. Draft a QB as back up unless a stud is there and then sit him a season behind Carr either way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, G said:

Carr costs about...

2020 (21.5 mil)

2021 (22 mil)

2022 (20 mil)

Since Carrs contract we've got HUGE averages...

Wilson 35/ Ben 34/ Rodgers 33.5/Goff 33.5/Wentz 32 and Ryan 30, so Dak will be in the 30's

Foles got 22 for 4 years but a 2 year out and those last two years are 27, So why would younger (25 yr) and higher potential players like Winston or Mariota take less?!? They'll probably get 3 year 25 per just because of the need for a QB.

So unless we get someone under 20mil, I really don't see moving on from Carr as a good idea. It will cost more but create 'false hope' that they would be much better with the same talent. Change for changes sake because 'it's VEGAS Baby' might be why but...It would be a mistake. We're rebuilding and have a guy who is good enough until the team is better. Draft a QB as back up unless a stud is there and then sit him a season behind Carr either way.

What do we even pay him 3 years down the line if he continues to play the way he has?  He's been an average player the last 2 1/2 years.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

What do we even pay him 3 years down the line if he continues to play the way he has?  He's been an average player the last 2 1/2 years.

Cousins is an average player and got a lot more.  I don’t think we keep Carr once his contract expires even if he gets his mojo back. Build a team and win what we can with Carr and if we have to we franchise him once and hopefully have a young guy in place to replace him. Franchise tag for a QB in 4 years might be 40 million once Pat and Watson are paid. I hope not because that’s crazy but possible. All depends on CBA coming up. Carr is good enough to roll with and draft 3rd to 5th round QB’s to develop and in Carr’s last season under contract go for a top talent but have a team already in place. Too far down the road but as others have warned Gruden could very well go all in on a QB giving up our future and then bailing if it doesn’t work ASAP. BP I believe hit it on the head and next offseason moves might be a ‘tell’ in his game of poker. I just want to win. Last season sucked so bad and I feel for Dolphin fans but there are a lot of winless teams right now so will be interesting to see how tanking plays out.