FA 2020

drfrey13

17 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I really like Kinlaw. If we address it with a top FA (with Armstead/Leo/CJones) I don’t like the Kinlaw pick but if we go LB/CB/WR/S (Littleton/BJones/Anderson/Harris) in FA I am all for pulling the trigger on Kinlaw at 19.

Yeah it's fun to think of all the possibilities, but it's kinda pointless to look at the draft until after free agency. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah it's fun to think of all the possibilities, but it's kinda pointless to look at the draft until after free agency. 

Between FA and the Draft we need to address the following:

A starting Safety next to Abram. I like KoJo. I don’t really wanna break the bank on one in FA on Harris or Clinton-Dix. I like Winefield Jr. or Ashtyn Davis in the draft.

A starting CB opposite of Mullen. I do not not anything to do with Worley. I would bring back Lawson for depth. But I like Roby or Jones in FA. Okudah is my CB1 while Diggs, Terrell and Fulton are really as the step down from Okudah.

If we don’t cut Whitehead We need 3 LBs. 2 starters and 1 depth if we cut Whitehead we need to bring in an additional player. I like Littleton and Schobert in FA Simmons or Phillips in the draft. Evan Weaver is another player I like later in the draft. Campbell from ATL might be another option in FA.

While Hurst Hall and Hankins are a good start to our interior DL but we need a difference maker to open up everything. That is why CJones or AArmstead would be my #1 target in FA. If we can’t land either of those two but address the rest of the Positions in FA I would look at Brown if he is there at 12 or Kinlaw at 19.

on offense we need another WR and RB depth while being Jalen back for 3rd down duty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I really like Kinlaw. If we address it with a top FA (with Armstead/Leo/CJones) I don’t like the Kinlaw pick but if we go LB/CB/WR/S (Littleton/BJones/Anderson/Harris) in FA I am all for pulling the trigger on Kinlaw at 19.

Problem is IMO he won't be there at 19. I'm fine with taking him at 12 if other big names are gone.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Problem is IMO he won't be there at 19. I'm fine with taking him at 12 if other big names are gone.

Burrow, Tua and 3 OL will be taken before 12. Meaning Young, Simmons, Juedy, Lamb, Brown Delpit or Okudah will be there at 12. 

I think Herbert and Love have good chances at being gone before 19 as well as at least 2 more OL. I have a hard time seeing where Ruggs, Shenault, Diggs, Espensa or Gross-Matos falling out of the top 20. 

I think Kinlaw will be there at 19. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Between FA and the Draft we need to address the following:

A starting Safety next to Abram. I like KoJo. I don’t really wanna break the bank on one in FA on Harris or Clinton-Dix. I like Winefield Jr. or Ashtyn Davis in the draft.

A starting CB opposite of Mullen. I do not not anything to do with Worley. I would bring back Lawson for depth. But I like Roby or Jones in FA. Okudah is my CB1 while Diggs, Terrell and Fulton are really as the step down from Okudah.

If we don’t cut Whitehead We need 3 LBs. 2 starters and 1 depth if we cut Whitehead we need to bring in an additional player. I like Littleton and Schobert in FA Simmons or Phillips in the draft. Evan Weaver is another player I like later in the draft. Campbell from ATL might be another option in FA.

While Hurst Hall and Hankins are a good start to our interior DL but we need a difference maker to open up everything. That is why CJones or AArmstead would be my #1 target in FA. If we can’t land either of those two but address the rest of the Positions in FA I would look at Brown if he is there at 12 or Kinlaw at 19.

on offense we need another WR and RB depth while being Jalen back for 3rd down duty

All great options for sure.  Just have to wait and see who we Target in free agency and then the draft will become clearer.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My dream situation would be to add Chris Jones and Cory Littleton in free agency. Then invest the #12 pick into Isaiah Simmons. We'd instantly go from one of the worst front 7's in the league to one of the best. 

Add in Robby Anderson in FA

And trade back 19 to GB and pick up a second and draft Terrell at 28. Then trade 80 and GB 2nd to mid second and take Winfield Jr. and then Phillips at 81.

Add Littleton, CJones and drafting Simmons, Terrell, Winfield Jr and Phillips to our defense in on offseason. Plus the growth from Ferrell, Hall, Hurst, Crosby, Key, Mullen and Abram.  That’s a grip of young defensive talent. 

59 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Burrow, Tua and 3 OL will be taken before 12. Meaning Young, Simmons, Juedy, Lamb, Brown Delpit or Okudah will be there at 12. 

I think Herbert and Love have good chances at being gone before 19 as well as at least 2 more OL. I have a hard time seeing where Ruggs, Shenault, Diggs, Espensa or Gross-Matos falling out of the top 20. 

I think Kinlaw will be there at 19. 

That would be a dream scenario. Insane ceiling for that dude.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Anderson is the exact same player as Tyrell Williams. I can't see us signing him unless we cut TW. 

I don't see the comp. I think Robby is an outside deep threat. While Tyrell is an outside WR that is most effective running intermediate routes moving the chain's and being a redzone threat. 

They are perfect complimentary pieces to Waller and Renefrow inside and they open up the box for Jacobs to have more room. 

I see them forming a Thielen/Diggs duo.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't see the comp. I think Robby is an outside deep threat. While Tyrell is an outside WR that is most effective running intermediate routes moving the chain's and being a redzone threat. 

They are perfect complimentary pieces to Waller and Renefrow inside and they open up the box for Jacobs to have more room. 

I see them forming a Thielen/Diggs duo.

Tyrell Williams (6'4" 205, 4.42) - 195 receptions, 3,091 yards (15.8 avg), 22 TD

Robby Anderson (6'3" 195, 4.38) - 207 receptions, 3,059 yards (14.8 avg) 22 TD

Both are bigger guys who's bread and butter is their ability to stretch the field. Williams primary role with the Chargers was a deep threat, which is why he averaged over 16 yards per catch during his time there. Hell before the season started he himself said that he wanted to prove that he was more than just a deep threat WR... The only reason you think that is because Carr is scared to throw down the field so we didn't get to see Williams at his best this year. 

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/tyrell-williams-out-to-prove-hes-more-than-a-deep-threat/653361

D1pMJ85UgAAVZeu?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by NYRaider

11 hours ago, Totty said:

What is the Chiefs cap situation?  Are they in a bad place where they might not be able to afford him?

According to spotrac they have 21M now.

They can easily free up 18M (Watkins, Erving)

Chris Jones is the only real important guy among their 2020FAs, so I highly doubt that they let him walk. They will tag him pretty quickly IMO.

It’s gonna be interesting in seeing what KC does with Chris Jones. They don’t have any contracts that will help save money aside from Watkins and that carry’s dead money. Mahomes fifth year kicks in after next season. If Jones hits FA you have to offer him a better contract than Grady Jarrett got and that 68 million