FA 2020

drfrey13

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I really hope the Raiders don't bring back Burfict and think they solved their MLB issues. I hope Gruden restricts PG power over players.

My favorite MLB who doesn't get a lot of hype is Joe Schobert. Would be an awesome pick up for the Raiders and cost you half the price of Littelton. 

The guy I like and I think we go after because he fits what we have done and are trying to do is Trevathan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:

Jones and Armstead  are the big names thrown around here so pay less and get Leonard Williams.

Clowney is the dream so JPP brings me back to reality to mentor Salt and Pepper

Littleton switch out for Campbell

Harris at safety switch to Vonn Bell

Peters was the name but already resigned go Alexander from Minny

DT Williams, DE JPP,  LB Campbell, S Bell and CB McKenzie. Go BPA in draft....PROFIT!

To me Armstead seems more like base DE, nickel DT, so I would pass for that price. Jones would be a guy, whom I would go after hard, not sure about Leo. Since he was/is a Raiders fan, maybe we can have him for a better price/value, but is he good enough to really help? Hargraves from the Steelers would be my first tier 2 choice is Jones is not available.

JPP could be an insteresting signing...would he come here to back up/rotate or would he look for a starting gig?

Campbell has the tackels, but has brutal PFF grade too. Is he good?

Vonn Benn is another short S, I believe Gruden already said that Joyner is moveing back to safety, so we have our pair to Abram in house...

Alexander could be a good NCB for us...

16 hours ago, Rolni said:

JPP could be an insteresting signing...would he come here to back up/rotate or would he look for a starting gig?

Campbell has the tackels, but has brutal PFF grade too. Is he good?

I liked Campbell when I saw the few Falcons games over the years. Got the stats but with less hype than Littleton and a weaker Defense so he'd fit here perfectly. LOL

JPP could start as I don't see Crosby or Ferrell not being team players with rotating and snaps as to 'who' gets the 'start' 1st half equal snaps and whoever's hot gets more in the 2nd half. Keep them fresh and hungry. Would just add to Maxx's 'chip' and an angry Condor will probably just play even better. Also JPP can warn them about doing stupid stuff in the offseason. I could see Maxx as being a guy doing some crazy off season stuff to be honest. Ferrell not so much. JPP might say he doesn't want the start and sees an opportunity to produce and learn to coach from Rod.

Watkins is a WR2 who gets paid like a top 5-10 (5 when contract was signed, 10 now).  How does he get $16M/yr with 30 of 48 million guaranteed after a  16 game, 39 catch season?  
As others said, he’ll likely want too much money and there’s always some desperate GM willing to pay it hoping he finally meets Expectations 6 seasons into the league.  I definitely hope we don’t give him $12-15 million just to hope for a 60 catch, 900 yard dream season.

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Watkins is a WR2 who gets paid like a top 5-10 (5 when contract was signed, 10 now).  How does he get $16M/yr with 30 of 48 million guaranteed after a  16 game, 39 catch season?  
As others said, he’ll likely want too much money and there’s always some desperate GM willing to pay it hoping he finally meets Expectations 6 seasons into the league.  I definitely hope we don’t give him $12-15 million just to hope for a 60 catch, 900 yard dream season.

I don’t know if he’s even a #2 at this point. Oft-injured and or hit or miss production. 

So many FA Safeties are going to hit the market this offseason. Interesting to see how we go about things with Joyner. Too much dead money to cut, but damn, I hate passing over so many talented guys for someone who more than likely won’t be here last 2020.