FA 2020

drfrey13

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bringing Mariota would be great. At worst he's a competent backup. And without derailing the thread, I'm fine with competition at every spot, including qb, especially if it doesn't use valuable early round draft capital.

Disagree. I like him and think he can turn it around but I think some of his bigger issues are similar to Carr's bigger issues. If we went after a QB, I would prefer someone a little more different. Then again, I'm not really high on a lot of the available QBs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Disagree. I like him and think he can turn it around but I think some of his bigger issues are similar to Carr's bigger issues. If we went after a QB, I would prefer someone a little more different. Then again, I'm not really high on a lot of the available QBs.

Fair. I just think a backup who could even be ok if they need to start due to injury would be a big plus.

Was reading some stuff in the Patriots section and they mentioned they wouldn't be surprised/expect a big named to be traded or cut. One poster mentioned they tried restructuring Hightower's contract last off season to no avail. It would be a long-shot but if he does hit FA, are you pulling the trigger knowing he would command a good chunk of change? Even further, would you trade for him?

Edited by RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can he cover? I’m unsure how he’s used for New England. I’m never opposed to give up a super late draft pick for a proven vet.

From what ive seen coverage is the weaker part of his game, seems a little stiff but he is a good player. Collins and Van Noy seem bettr coverage guys but Id probably not invest as much as he'd want.

Christian Kirksey is a guy Id look at if he's cut as a low cost option to compete

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Joe Schobert is one guy I'd target. Shouldn't break the bank and is exactly what we need at the LB position. Well, one of the 3 at least.

Id take them both if we could! With Lee, Morrow and a couple draft picks that may be solid if our DL can be improved a little