FA 2020

drfrey13

28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't want Leonard Williams.  I don't think he produces enough pressure.  20 tackles, 0 sacks last season.  Unless I come to find out he was triple teamed every play, then yeah, don't want him.

Hahaha I don’t know either, but I hope that was the case now. Triple teamed every play Lololol 

56 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

DT is a huge weak point for this team. Baby soft in the middle got no dawgs got no real pass rush in the middle. Armstead would bring that pass rush and that dawg mentality. Hurst and Hall are back ups. 

I disagree with this assessment. I thought the interior defensive line played relatively well compared to the rest of the league. Hankins and Hall are good early-down starters and Hurst has always shown pop as a pass rusher when needed. Between the three, I see a pretty good interior defensive line rotation. 

And, if I'm Armstead, I want to be rushing off the edge on early downs, not mashing in the middle. Also, if it was hard for Ferrell to get on the field during the last half of the season last year, he better get used to riding the pine in 2020 with Armstead on the roster.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

DT is a huge weak point for this team. Baby soft in the middle got no dawgs got no real pass rush in the middle. Armstead would bring that pass rush and that dawg mentality. Hurst and Hall are back ups. 

Top 10 run defense, no dogs baby soft?

Edited by raidr4life

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That run defense ranking is fraudulent. But it’s the ranking. So I get what ur saying. They don’t have dawgs on that defensive line. Hankins is the only NFL starter at DT. Hurst is a back up. And PJ Hall won’t even be on the roster after the final cuts in camp. Raiders need a massive overhaul at DT. That’s just my opinion but DT play has not been good for years. 

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We could use some players on the line and the secondary but it is priority number 1 to get some lbs.  I would like to get a good 3T to go with with the other guys and would look for a starter quality player but we still need to get value.  I would not mind a player like Kinlaw @ 19 or there are a few non blockbuster 3T in FA.

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That run defense ranking is fraudulent. But it’s the ranking. So I get what ur saying. They don’t have dawgs on that defensive line. Hankins is the only NFL starter at DT. Hurst is a back up. And PJ Hall won’t even be on the roster after the final cuts in camp. Raiders need a massive overhaul at DT. That’s just my opinion but DT play has not been good for years. 

How is it fraudulent tho, do we need someone who can get sacks, yes that would help, but good run defense is the exact opposite of soft. All we need is to add a guy like Chris Jones overhaul is a stretch

53 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

How is it fraudulent tho, do we need someone who can get sacks, yes that would help, but good run defense is the exact opposite of soft. All we need is to add a guy like Chris Jones overhaul is a stretch

Why have we not done this yet?  It is so easy. just kidding.  A player like that would definitely fix the majority of the problems but the chances of that happening are small in the draft and even slimmer that a player like Jones hits the market.  That is why I am in favor of trading up for Brown if he gets past seven.  We could even trade up to 7 but would cost us.  Maybe Jackson plus 12 if we are lucky.  Carolina could then draft Kinlaw and have Jackson.  Kinlaw has the ability but the chance he reaches that level is slim.  Brown is much more likely to be a dominant force.

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hope we use our cowboys ties for Malik Collins DT and Bryon Jones CB. Two instant starters and overall good explosive players 

Jones is going to cost too much for a corner that doesn’t cause turnovers