FA 2020

drfrey13

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Why have we not done this yet?  It is so easy. just kidding.  A player like that would definitely fix the majority of the problems but the chances of that happening are small in the draft and even slimmer that a player like Jones hits the market.  That is why I am in favor of trading up for Brown if he gets past seven.  We could even trade up to 7 but would cost us.  Maybe Jackson plus 12 if we are lucky.  Carolina could then draft Kinlaw and have Jackson.  Kinlaw has the ability but the chance he reaches that level is slim.  Brown is much more likely to be a dominant force.

I agree Kinlaw or Brown would be tempting but our needs are much bigger than DT and who knows what the new coach can do with the group we have.

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I agree Kinlaw or Brown would be tempting but our needs are much bigger than DT and who knows what the new coach can do with the group we have.

I don't disagree. I'd love Brown still though and wouldn't be unhappy with Kinlaw either. I like PJ and Hurst still though and they def have potential. Maybe Marinelli can help as you're saying, I'm not sure. Sometimes I wonder if they step on each other's toes. Like if we only had one of them who got most of the reps they split would we be better off in the end?

I feel like we need one WR in the first for sure. Besides that, I'm just gonna trust Mayock & Gruden.

Mayock: I think we’re a long way away on the personnel side. We’re really happy with our two rookie defensive ends, Maxx (Crosby) and Clelin (Ferrell) . We think both can be big, strong, powerful players. Both of them are going to be 270-pound defensive ends. Long. Tough. So we think we have a base in those guys.We think (cornerback) Trayvon Mullen stepped up and got better each week. Johnathan Abram, we think, is going to be a really good safety. But we’ve got to get better. We’ve got linebacker issues, people know that. We’ve got to get better at defensive tackle. We’ve got to get better on the back end. So we have a lot of holes to fill on defense.

That is from an interview. I am so glad Mayock realizes the need for a DT. It's a huge need that gets passed over. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mayock: I think we’re a long way away on the personnel side. We’re really happy with our two rookie defensive ends, Maxx (Crosby) and Clelin (Ferrell) . We think both can be big, strong, powerful players. Both of them are going to be 270-pound defensive ends. Long. Tough. So we think we have a base in those guys.We think (cornerback) Trayvon Mullen stepped up and got better each week. Johnathan Abram, we think, is going to be a really good safety. But we’ve got to get better. We’ve got linebacker issues, people know that. We’ve got to get better at defensive tackle. We’ve got to get better on the back end. So we have a lot of holes to fill on defense.

That is from an interview. I am so glad Mayock realizes the need for a DT. It's a huge need that gets passed over. 

Javon Hargrave intrigues me. Steelers have cap issues so maybe there’s a chance he gets to FA. How does he fit in PG’s scheme?

I think Hargraves fits very well. I think he would be a huge upgrade over Hankins. They seem to like Hankins a lot.  Not sure if the Raiders would make that swap due to how cheap Hankins is but he is on his last year of the deal. 

Maliek Collins would be the ideal addition. Knowledge of DL coach now. 

Nick Williams from the Bears really intrigues me. I remember watching the first Vikings Bears game and he was dominate that game. Had 6 sacks this year and really the first time he’s had a chance and he played really well. Won’t need to break the bank offer one year to prove himself to get a bigger contract could very well get a steal for cheap. 

They need to add some players so Hurst snap count comes down it will benefit him if you limit his snaps. 

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don't think it's getting passed over. Some people have been high on Brown for quite some time, Kinlaw has been discussed a lot and i'm really high on Gallimore at 19 or with a small trade down. It looks like most would have DT right after WR and LB as an option in the 1st. The difference is we definitely have to adress WR and LB this offseason, DT is less of a need. I don't think our DTs are bad but none has shown to be more than a role player at this point and only Hurst can provide a pass rush.

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

What we need is some genuine playmakers, as many as we can get, regardless of position. We’ll fill holes in FA and draft BPA, hopefully. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

Here are the Raider FA's. Who are you hoping we retain?

Unrestricted Free Agents

• LB Vontaze Burfict
  • LB Will Compton
  • RB Isaiah Crowell
  • G Jordan Devey
  • QB Mike Glennon
  • WR/RS Dwayne Harris
  • DL Dion Jordan
  • S Karl Joseph
  • DE Josh Mauro
  • DE Benson Mayowa
  • DL Olsen Pierre
  • RB Jalen Richard
  • S Curtis Riley
  • RB Rod Smith
  • TE Eric Tomlinson
  • RB DeAndré Washington
  • LB Kyle Wilber
  • DB Daryl Worley

Restricted Free Agents

• LB Nicholas Morrow
  • T David Sharpe

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

• K Daniel Carlson
  • DB Makinton Dorleant
  • WR Keelan Doss
  • G/C Cameron Hunt
  • CB D.J. Killings
  • S Dallin Leavitt
  • QB Nathan Peterman
  • LS Trent Sieg

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unrestricted Free Agents

• LB Vontaze Burfict
  • LB Will Compton
  • RB Isaiah Crowell
  • G Jordan Devey
  • QB Mike Glennon
  • WR/RS Dwayne Harris
  • DL Dion Jordan
  • S Karl Joseph
  • DE Josh Mauro
  • DE Benson Mayowa
  • DL Olsen Pierre
  • RB Jalen Richard
  • S Curtis Riley
  • RB Rod Smith
  • TE Eric Tomlinson
  • RB DeAndré Washington
  • LB Kyle Wilber
  • DB Daryl Worley

Restricted Free Agents

• LB Nicholas Morrow
  • T David Sharpe

• K Daniel Carlson
  • DB Makinton Dorleant
  • WR Keelan Doss
  • G/C Cameron Hunt
  • CB D.J. Killings
  • S Dallin Leavitt
  • QB Nathan Peterman
  • LS Trent Sieg

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unrestricted Free Agents

• LB Will Compton on a back up deal
  • G Jordan Devey on a back up deal
  • DL Dion Jordan on a rotational deal
  • S Karl Joseph as the 3rd safety.
  • DE Benson Mayowa on a rotational deal
  • RB Jalen Richard as 3DRB

Restricted Free Agents

• LB Nicholas Morrow on a backup deal
  • T David Sharpe on a backup deal

• K Daniel Carlson compete for Roster spot in TC
  • WR Keelan Doss compete for Roster spot in TC
  • S Dallin Leavitt compete for Roster spot in TC
  • QB Nathan Peterman compete for Roster spot in TC
  • LS Trent Sieg starting LS.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unrestricted Free Agents

• LB Vontaze Burfict
  • LB Will Compton
  • RB Isaiah Crowell
  • G Jordan Devey
  • QB Mike Glennon
  • WR/RS Dwayne Harris
  • DL Dion Jordan
  • S Karl Joseph
  • DE Josh Mauro
  • DE Benson Mayowa
  • DL Olsen Pierre