FA 2020

drfrey13

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mayock: I think we’re a long way away on the personnel side. We’re really happy with our two rookie defensive ends, Maxx (Crosby) and Clelin (Ferrell) . We think both can be big, strong, powerful players. Both of them are going to be 270-pound defensive ends. Long. Tough. So we think we have a base in those guys.We think (cornerback) Trayvon Mullen stepped up and got better each week. Johnathan Abram, we think, is going to be a really good safety. But we’ve got to get better. We’ve got linebacker issues, people know that. We’ve got to get better at defensive tackle. We’ve got to get better on the back end. So we have a lot of holes to fill on defense.

That is from an interview. I am so glad Mayock realizes the need for a DT. It's a huge need that gets passed over. 

I've been talking about DT for months. Brown or Kinlaw are a top my big board on the defensive side. The Raiders need someone who can push inside and free up the edge guys more. A good DT would go a long way to improving the defense. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've been talking about DT for months. Brown or Kinlaw are a top my big board on the defensive side. The Raiders need someone who can push inside and free up the edge guys more. A good DT would go a long way to improving the defense. 

I think it’s more of a critical position on Guenther’s defense. I think our DTs are good but i think he needs elite guys up the middle. 

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Not paying FA money to a guy who the best thing you have to say about him is "he can start"

I'm not saying I would sign Martinez. He's a role player. I'm just not letting someone say he's terrible when he's not. Terrible is what the Raiders have trotted out there for the past 15 years at LB.

Martinez (as average as he is) would be the best LB to play for the Raiders in over a decade. Think about that for a second...

• Like 2

he grades out ok as a pass coverage guy , has a ton of tackles over the last 3 yrs, but was down in his run defense this year, not sure why. but I do agree with BP, he`s not terrible, everyone will be after Littleton and Schobert so...…. Martinez and Kwiatkowski imo are possible "upgrades" over what we have. upgrade being the key word.

• Like 1

I really hope the Raiders don’t try to replace Tyrell with Robby. Much rather go after Perriman who is a burner. He never really lived up to the draft pick, but when he got a chance with the Bucs this past season he really showed out. He could lift the top off the defense and be a better version of what Gruden thought he was gonna get in JJ Nelson. 

59 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I really hope the Raiders don’t try to replace Tyrell with Robby. Much rather go after Perriman who is a burner. He never really lived up to the draft pick, but when he got a chance with the Bucs this past season he really showed out. He could lift the top off the defense and be a better version of what Gruden thought he was gonna get in JJ Nelson. 

I doubt they replace him with Robby. I very much think Robby could compliment Tyrell on the outside with Renefrow and Waller working the middle