FA 2020

drfrey13

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Never going to happen, why are we going to cut Tyrell? The guy played with plantar fasciitis for 3 months. Tyrell is a very good #2 WR.

But Robby and Tyrell on the outside with renfrow and Waller is very likely. We tried to trade for him at the deadline to partner him with Tyrell. Why wouldn't that be the plan in FA.

I hope we don’t go after Robby Anderson to pair with Williams, really not a fan of either and we’d be paying way over the odds for two average #2 WRs IMHO. Williams I was sceptical of all year but I’ll give him benefit of the doubt after playing through injury but I just don’t think Anderson is a good WR, he’s fast sure, but not a great route runner or natural catcher and he’s far from a high character guy too. 

WR is one area I feel we can look to the draft and get a day 1 contributor, AJGreen is interesting but of course injury is the major concern and rarely guys get less injury prone as they get older. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yes 2 days after free agency starts, but we are not guaranteed to sign someone else in that short window and I certainly wouldn't dump him before that.

If that's what the Raiders want to try to do, the first 2 days of FA should be enough. As a top FA, Anderson should sign with someone early.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Never going to happen, why are we going to cut Tyrell? The guy played with plantar fasciitis for 3 months. Tyrell is a very good #2 WR.

But Robby and Tyrell on the outside with renfrow and Waller is very likely. We tried to trade for him at the deadline to partner him with Tyrell. Why wouldn't that be the plan in FA.

Robby and Tyrell together makes only sense to me if we are prepared to move up for a QB aggressively with both of our 1st round picks.

If we move up and get a QB, then we won't have the draft capital to get a WR early and also we would be able to pay that amount of money to those WR's down the road if we switch to a QB on a rookie deal after 2020.

Actually I can see this scenario work.

Get Robby, keep Williams and Zay with Renfrow to form a quality WR corp, next to our great TE group.

Go D heavy with the rest of the FA.

Move up for Gruden's and Mayock's QB of the future with our 2 1st and some change. Let that guy compete with Carr and most likely sit his rookie year and learn that Gruden system. Let him play 1 or 2 games when/if the PO is out of reach.

Go full D with the rest of the draft and most of the UDFA session.

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

It's not obvious it will be 11M in dead cap.

They can cut him right now, zero dead money. That 11 mil is if he's on roster after a certain date.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/tyrell-williams-17039/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2020, 1 YR, $10,100,000; $0 DEAD CAP

Edited by big_palooka

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Like I said what sense does that make if the top couple of guy's end up signing somewhere else then we get stuck with nobody.

Then you draft a guy in this super deep class and use the saved money to help shore up the defense. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:
20 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Then you draft a guy in this super deep class and use the saved money to help shore up the defense. 

So you want to soley rely on a rookie WR. Anything to say Carr didn't have enough weapons at the end of 2020
I guess.

Id look to double dip at WR is this deep class, takes potential #1 WR in the first round then there should be done really nice prospects getting pushed down into the 3rd or 4th round. 

Also, there are likely to be some options available after the draft with camp cuts and so on, maybe not star players but a guy who can contribute.

If we can snag a guy like Jeudy, add a later draft pick like Pittman to add to Williams and Renfrow then we'll have a decent core and maybe more if the rookies exceed expectations.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

So you want to soley rely on a rookie WR. Anything to say Carr didn't have enough weapons at the end of 2020
I guess.

I’m only saying that if you cut  Williams and fail to get Anderson. This is plan C not plan A. Personally i don’t see much of a point in cutting Williams before you secure the services of Anderson. 

• Like 1