FA 2020

drfrey13

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

So does that mean we can cut him but not if he is injured or that we can only cut him if they get injured.  I believe it is the first part but is worded a little funny.

I think it means the 11M were guaranteed for injury only, tomorrow they become fully guaranteed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don’t think we should give him more than 10. Even though he is very talented.

IMO the best short and long term plan at WR is to draft one in rd 1 and 3 for the present and future respectively...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don’t think we should give him more than 10. Even though he is very talented.

IMO the best short and long term plan at WR is to draft one in rd 1 and 3 for the present and future respectively...

ya, Robby going get overpaid. He isn't a great WR1 but going get paid like one, skilled players in their prime get overpaid. In a perfect world he is a great WR2 on a good team, however he is a better player than T Williams. Williams is okay WR2, but he it's not because of his elite route running or ball skills, more because he is 6'4 and fast. Williams has to be schemed open and can be shut down against good CBs. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

32 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya, Robby going get overpaid. He isn't a great WR1 but going get paid like one, skilled players in their prime get overpaid. In a perfect world he is a great WR2 on a good team, however he is a better player than T Williams. Williams is okay WR2, but he it's not because of his elite route running or ball skills, more because he is 6'4 and fast. Williams has to be schemed open and can be shut down against good CBs. 

Robby Anderson is not a player I thought we'd go after, he has blazing speed but is not a well rounded receiver, very light weight and doesn't really contest catches, to me he's a niche receiver that takes the top off the D and certainly will be over paid in FA. If we sign him we'd have Williams a flawed #2 WR and Anderson a niche weapon both earning #1 type money. Bad business in my book. Draft 2 guys in round 1 and 3, even another one later on if value is there. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

So does that mean we can cut him but not if he is injured or that we can only cut him if they get injured.  I believe it is the first part but is worded a little funny.

Injury guarantee: If a player is released but is currently unable to perform football duties (i.e., doesn't pass a physical) as a result of team activities, the player is entitled to any money in his contract protected against injury. An injury-only guarantee is the most common in terms of partially guaranteed money.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tomorrow is not important to Carr. His worry meter starts when teams can officially start to talk and negotiate with agents. 

Exactly. Of course we are renewing Carrs contract for this year. We are not a dumb franchise leaving Nathan Peterman as our QB1 while we search for an option. We will explore Tom Brady and draft options. And can easily trade Carr. Those glamouring Carr is the franchise QB will be rudely greeted with a reality check soon. I’d say there is a 55% chance Carr is on the team Week 1. And a 20% chance he is on the team in 2021.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1