FA 2020

drfrey13

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Tyrell is absolutely a solid WR2. Never understood the release talk. A lot of it was from Carr supporters to hype up the Carr has poor weapons narrative. Get Tyrell a starter on the opposite side. 

Bro stop.  I'm a DC supporter and I never said we should cut him.  I literally have been stating that he was injured after the first 5 games and his production went down.  But never have I ever said we should cut T. Williams.  Stop with this DC supporter DC hater narrative.  It's so insignificant when it comes to other players.  I want T. Williams back.  I've been here all along saying we should keep him and that his injury played a major part in his decline in production.  Our comments (all Raiders fans) on weapons is pretty much the same across the board.  We all know we need another WR.  We have our WR2 (T. Williams), our slot (Renfrow), we all know we need a WR1 (Draft/FA), and most likely another backup RB with J. Richard being resigned recently and D. Washington most likely hitting FA.

• Like 3

I don't have a problem with keeping Tyrell, although i think he's overpaid for what he brings, but i'll have a problem if we add Anderson in FA and think we're good at WR. Those 2 aren't high volume WRs and they don't complement each other well.

• Like 3

dang, I go to read on this thread and the first bull I see is at the top right now.lol  the one and only reason why any friggin fan of this team mentioned cutting him was because he didn't perform up to his contract period, end of story. and again, every flippin fan knows he battled plantar facitis! so he gets a mulligan! end of story.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Game of Thrones “All Men Must Die” is directed towards the Raiders LB Core.

Lee is the only LB under contract that I want on the team next season.  This year is his last chance though.  Young man has the ability to start but last year could not take advantage of the opportunity because he got hurt.  I thought he would break out last year and have the same optimism this year.

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

You supposed to trust your franchise QB right? But yeah maybe they already knew what some of us are saying now, Carr doesn't have it.

So are you agreeing that you’re... sorry but no, comment wasn’t fully thought out? 
I think this is why this forum gets unbearable at times... 

when someone raises counter points .. people just dismiss them and give no reason why lol. 

of course we game plan to play to our strengths lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

So are you agreeing that you’re... sorry but no, comment wasn’t fully thought out? 
I think this is why this forum gets unbearable at times... 

when someone raises counter points .. people just dismiss them and give no reason why lol. 

of course we game plan to play to our strengths lol

So you agree Carr doesn't have it?

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bro stop.  I'm a DC supporter and I never said we should cut him.  I literally have been stating that he was injured after the first 5 games and his production went down.  But never have I ever said we should cut T. Williams.  Stop with this DC supporter DC hater narrative.  It's so insignificant when it comes to other players.  I want T. Williams back.  I've been here all along saying we should keep him and that his injury played a major part in his decline in production.  Our comments (all Raiders fans) on weapons is pretty much the same across the board.  We all know we need another WR.  We have our WR2 (T. Williams), our slot (Renfrow), we all know we need a WR1 (Draft/FA), and most likely another backup RB with J. Richard being resigned recently and D. Washington most likely hitting FA.

Its like we have our own little tribal political groups.  DCH (Haters) and DCA (Apologists).  It is funny to watch the DC drama play out just like politics.  We need some Carr 2020 photos or which ever candidate you support.  This year seemed a little like an impeachment trial.  All we need now are some conspiracy theorists.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So you agree Carr doesn't have it?

I think Carr has the ability to produce in a system that fits his style. He is not an elite QB tht can produce in any system. Ala Mahommes and Wilson. 

Carr is a perfect fit for a WCO, on a run first team. That is what we are trying to build. 
As Carr continues to develop under Gruden we may see our O evolve, but it was pretty clear that we ran our O very safe last year. 

part of that is because of trust in Carr and part of that is because of the trust of our D. A big part of it is because Josh was balling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Any interest in Dante Fowler? Only 25 and coming off a 11.5 sack campaign for the Rams. IIRC he was a DE for the Jags but played more of an OLB for the Rams. Listed at 255.

hell command big money and i dont see us doing that with Cle and Maxx in the fold. If we spend moeny on DL itll be on a DT imo

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Any interest in Dante Fowler? Only 25 and coming off a 11.5 sack campaign for the Rams. IIRC he was a DE for the Jags but played more of an OLB for the Rams. Listed at 255.

I would enjoy bringing him in and have him play a B. Irvin role.  Him playing next to C. Ferrell and having M. Crosby rushing from the other side would be able to provide a lot of pressure.  But I'm no defensive coordinator so I don't even know if our DC would now how to utilize him effectively.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I actually like Watkins and think he can produce given the opportunity.  You would think in that offense he would produce more but I have read that he draws a lot of attention and frees up the other receivers.  It all depends on price though for a player like that.  I would rather pay him then Robby Anderson.