FA 2020

drfrey13

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We need a LB that can do anything. Ours suck and I wouldn't turn away Blake because we are in no position to get picky. We need at least 3 new LB's imo.

I get that but he’s going to cost more than he’s worth. I’d rather us aim high in FA and then draft another good one. Maybe get a 3rd LB but we can get by with Marquel Lee as our SLB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We need a LB that can do anything. Ours suck and I wouldn't turn away Blake because we are in no position to get picky. We need at least 3 new LB's imo.

Gotta be realistic tho Blake’s only weakness is speed and our defense needs speed 

• Like 1

I’m willing to gamble on Trae Waynes. He was the 11th pick in the draft with tons of talent. According to Viking fans he was really subpar his first three years and then had an above average season in 2019 and was the best corner on the team. Kind of like Karl Joseph. Subpar his first three years and was above average in 2019. 

This is IF we don’t land Byron Jones who is a perfect fit for our defense. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Blake Martinez is from my city. I would have to watch some Packers games and focus on him. From my memory this year I thought the Packers ILB were a weak point in that defense. He’s a tackling machine but that tells me very little. 

BM is the master of getting a ton of tackles 6-7 yards past the line.

i saw a even think I posted a stat on it at one point.  It’s dreadful.  I’d pass, he’d be an upgrade but we’d still be calling for his head and Huge salary next offseason.

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jordan Phillips would be a big get. I don't know why there isn't more buzz around him. Is 27 and had 9.5 sacks last season playing inside.

I thought the same thing too until I did some digging.  Might be a good get for the right price, but I doubt he can keep up the numbers to match the pay.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-free-agent-jordan-phillips-buffalo-bills-2020

The casual fan will look at Phillips’ stat line and think this was a breakout year. He had 10 sacks after recording just six in his first four seasons combined. The issue is that the sacks didn’t come as a result of Phillips winning more of his pass-rushes or showing dominant reps with quick wins. In fact, Phillips had the lowest PFF pass-rushing grade of his career this season at 60.2.
10 of his 25 total pressures resulted in sacks — an extremely high rate — and a good chunk of those sacks came with the quarterback tucking the ball and running into his waiting arms. As a player who has yet to crack an overall grade of 60.0 in a season, it would behoove teams to not spend big money on Phillips chasing his sack total.
  • Like 2