FA 2020

drfrey13

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Of the remaining CB's I would like to bring Apple back at a fraction of what he was offered the first time around.  One year prove it deal for 4 million.

I wonder what his injury was or as @jimkelly02 pointed out the Riders got cold feet and wanted out at the price point they were paying for him.  They dusted off the microscope and found an injury to void the deal.  I suspect the injury wasn't that bad and that they truly just wanted out for what they agreed to.

I just wonder if this is the case would he even want to come back?  

When he fell in end zone I thought he tore an acl I posted the video somewhere it looked bad.... but they said ankle and that should healed by now.  We’ll find out the truth from some podcast next year lol.  I really wouldn’t mind him back either but not at 6M.  4M seems reasonable.

honestly worley coming back isn’t the end of the world.  If we don’t get anyone great I’d like him back.

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

couple FAs on my list who could sign...

Greg Robinson ain’t getting any FA deal... he’s gonna get a plea deal after that 150+ pound weed bust lol

The top guys off that list I’d like are:

RB:
To compete for RB2:

• Devonta Freeman
  • D Washington
  • Johnathan Williams
  • Carlos Hyde

To just bring in and see what they have and fight for a surprise spot:

• Isaiah Crowell
  • Alex Collins
  • Donta Foreman
  • Kenneth Dixon

WR:

• none

T:

• Kelvin Beachum - hate the idea of 6’3 LTs but he’s held down a starting job with above average play for years.

G:   None- keep Jackson unless we can make a major move and need his cap space.

Note: Ronald Leary is out there and hes my by far fav OG available

DE:  We should absolutely resign Dion Jordan... besides that:

• Dion Jordan
  • Jabaal Sheard
  • Markus Golden
  • Everson Griffen

DT:

• Marcell Dareus

LB:

• Nigel Bradham
  • Alex Ogltree
  • Darren Lee
  • Mark Barron
  • Stephone Anthony 
  • Will Compton
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 5:44 PM, OG_C2X said:

I would give Trumaine a 1 year deal. He was my favorite CB in his draft class. Had some good tape in LA but underperformed massively after getting paid. I would take the risk to see if he can return to form

I was going to say this is a long post but I messed up and lost it cuz I didn’t post it right away.... i now write them in a word doc is their long first.

hes be a great signing imo.  Were not expecting 72M Johnson just an above average CB2

On 4/5/2020 at 7:56 PM, agarcia34 said:

At this point of FA no need to cut Gabe. Allow him to go to camp and see if he looks like the old Gabe Jackson. If he comes into camp and he looks like last years Gab Jackson then give it consideration on cutting him. 

Exactly... if Good plays just as good cut him and just carry over that cap space.  Only person I’d consider trading Gabe (for a comp3rd to mid 4th) then sign is Ronald Leary... if he could be gotten for $3-4M.

i think they game plan is to keep Gabe into camp and just try to tell him “hey bro it might be better to just take 6 with incentives up to 9 then the 9.6 you have with zero guarantees.  Ain’t no one paying 6M+ for him after all the cuts.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Greg Robinson ain’t getting any FA deal... he’s gonna get a plea deal after that 150+ pound weed bust lol

The top guys off that list I’d like are:

RB:
To compete for RB2:

• Devonta Freeman
  • D Washington
  • Johnathan Williams
  • Carlos Hyde

To just bring in and see what they have and fight for a surprise spot:

• Isaiah Crowell
  • Alex Collins
  • Donta Foreman
  • Kenneth Dixon

WR:

• none

T:

• Kelvin Beachum - hate the idea of 6’3 LTs but he’s held down a starting job with above average play for years.

G:   None- keep Jackson unless we can make a major move and need his cap space.

Note: Ronald Leary is out there and hes my by far fav OG available

DE:  We should absolutely resign Dion Jordan... besides that:

• Dion Jordan
  • Jabaal Sheard
  • Markus Golden
  • Everson Griffen

DT:

• Marcell Dareus

LB:

• Nigel Bradham
  • Alex Ogltree
  • Darren Lee
  • Mark Barron
  • Stephone Anthony 
  • Will Compton

I didn't even catch that with Greg Robinson.. Kevin White wouldn't hurt for an interesting camp invite

7 hours ago, G said:
13 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

so, basically all FA

Except Clowney... O.o

Well he did mention in the original post it was FAs who could be brought in cheap, no chance Clowney comes in cheap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Has anyone heard anything on Dion Jordan? I’d still really like to have him back. 

I also wonder what the markets like for Freeman. Vet minimum and he’d be a nice addition if we don’t land a back in the draft that can make an impact. 

There doesn't seem to be much of a market for Jordan so I'm assuming they're waiting to see how the board falls on draft night and if we can't come away with another edge player we could bring him back closer to training camp. 

I'd pass on Freeman, he's another super small back like Richard and he looked washed last season. I really wouldn't even mind investing an earlier pick than expected in a RB at this point either. The shelf lives for running backs is so small and we'd be able to extend Jacob's career with another high quality back especially if we're going to continue to be a smash mouth, run first, football team. 

Like lets say we move out of the #19 spot (875) and we acquire two second round picks from Chicago, #43 (470) and #50 (400). Assuming that we go WR/CB with our first two picks, if a guy like Johnathan Taylor, DeAndre Swift, or JK Dobbins is on the board at #50, I honestly wouldn't mind if we went RB that early. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

1 or 2 year deal... 

ok, I really did think you were joking about the injury thing. my bad.lol problem is hes too expensive probably, that's why de`s are still not being signed imo. h*ll ,clowney is dropping his price. lol would I like to have him in our pass rush rotation? does a wild bear sh*t in the woods? lol

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

ok, I really did think you were joking about the injury thing. my bad.lol problem is hes too expensive probably, that's why de`s are still not being signed imo. h*ll ,clowney is dropping his price. lol would I like to have him in our pass rush rotation? does a wild bear sh*t in the woods? lol

I wonder what Griffen gets in free agency now. Personally I'd cut Gabe Jackson and use that money to pay Griffen if we could get a commitment. That'd solidify our edge rotation with Crosby/Ferrell/Griffen/Nassib/Key.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I didn't even catch that with Greg Robinson.. Kevin White wouldn't hurt for an interesting camp invite

Yeah he bought 150lbs Of bud and tried driving it back to from Los Angeles to Louisiana in an Uber (he met the driver in 2018 apparently and he didn’t know what was in the car).

if Kevin white excites you or others then I don’t care if he comes to camp but i have zero faith in him staying healthy.  I see it as pointless because even if he’s healthy enough thru TC it’s only a matter of time til he gets hurt in the season.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder what Griffen gets in free agency now. Personally I'd cut Gabe Jackson and use that money to pay Griffen if we could get a commitment. That'd solidify our edge rotation with Crosby/Ferrell/Griffen/Nassib/Key.

that's a pretty solid rotation , if we couldn't get pressure with that......id be VERY surprised.lol

• Like 1