FA 2020

drfrey13

Projected to have 67 Million in cap space. That’s without the most likely cap increase. If Jelly and Whitehead and released that’s another 10 million. 

Clowney is gonna hit the FA market. Ngakoue and Flower will all be free agents as well. Would be nice to snag a pass rusher in FA. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Projected to have 67 Million in cap space. That’s without the most likely cap increase. If Jelly and Whitehead and released that’s another 10 million. 

Clowney is gonna hit the FA market. Ngakoue and Flower will all be free agents as well. Would be nice to snag a pass rusher in FA. 

$92 million now that AB is gone.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap/2020/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Trey flowers ? He’s a Lion. Anyways Future looks bright  

On 07/09/2019 at 9:51 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leonard Williams and Roy-Robertson Harris are 2 guys I'd pursue for the interior, depending on how it goes. Judon and Fowler at end. De'vondre Campbell and Shaq Thompson at LB.
WR is pretty awful. Don't see anyone worth pursuing.

Robertson-Harris was all over the field for the Bears against the Packers, if he keeps that level of play up he'll make some $$$$$ this year. Williams is an obvious choice (not in a bad way), he'd obviously want to play for the Raiders and he's played pretty well for the Jets even in some pretty terrible teams. he's been good every time I've seen them play. I can't see us splurging on interior DL though TBH, I think we've got Ellis, Hankins, PJ Hall and Hurst all signed through 2020 unless we plan on using Big Cat as a base DE.............

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Robertson-Harris was all over the field for the Bears against the Packers, if he keeps that level of play up he'll make some $$$$$ this year. Williams is an obvious choice (not in a bad way), he'd obviously want to play for the Raiders and he's played pretty well for the Jets even in some pretty terrible teams. he's been good every time I've seen them play. I can't see us splurging on interior DL though TBH, I think we've got Ellis, Hankins, PJ Hall and Hurst all signed through 2020 unless we plan on using Big Cat as a base DE.............

Thinking long term I think Big Cat would be smart. If Hurst or Hall develop to pro bowlers then they’ll cost more than Williams next season because it will be a season later. We could use him at base DE or trade Hurst for a decent pick because of his rookie contract. I see Hurst as our Geno Atkins but also understand the business side of it but most importantly I want players who were fans and WANT to be on the team. With all that said, I think we keep the D young and cheap and Gruden gets weapons and protection for Carr. 

I was writing down the players we have beyond this year and it looks pretty solid. We will need to keep a G but with Joyner at S we’ve got most covered so needs are

WR to go with Williams 

G if Ritchie, Good, Devey and Cooper are gone.

LB as always lol

It’s nice to have that cap space and less needs. Depending who is allowed to test the market we might get a serious upgrade or two.

Edit: Looking at Carr’s contract, we will have him for 3 seasons after this one. If you count this years rookies staying the whole time, then every position (Offense) has a player under contract for that time except for LG. That’s if we 5th year Miller and count TE Moreau, FB Ingold and WR Renfrow not leaving unless FA changes with new deals.

Edited by G

What is nice is we will have 2/3 of our starters will be set, not like trying to field a new team. We would have 90m in cap space with a brand new stadium, state of the art practice facilities, buzz of the nfl with the move, no income tax... we are going be a big factor in free agency. Most of our starters will be set 

QB: Carr 

RB: Jacobs 

FB: Ingold 

WR1: Need 

WR2: Tyrelle 6’4 fast WR in his prime 

Slot: maybe a need see how Renfrow, Doss, JJ, Grant perform 

TE: Waller  looking like he could be a stud, Moreau nice for depth 

LT: Kolton looked amazing Monday 

LG: need 

C: Hudson locked in a new deal 

RG: Gabe 

RT: T Brown - stud 

DE: Ferrell - cornerstone 

UT: Hurst(draft steal, consider him a high 18 pick)

NT: Hankins - does his job and entering his prime 

DE: Need 

WLB- Need unless Morrow balls out, likely b er to revamp LB unit 

MLB: Vontaze- let’s see how he holds up with concussions. If he balls out, could get a new 2-3 year deal with an opt out after year one. Seems to be a leader and actually shown good character. He does have a bad concussion history, one more bad one and it could be a career for him 

SLB- Whitehead- overpaid but we will have 90+ in cap space. Is average and a leader, could get the axe. I would rather just ride out the last year of his deal in 2020 and upgrade the WLB and MLB 

CB: Conely should be a long term starter. Not sure if he can be an elite corner but he is a good starter. Our corners would look better if we had better pass rush and more dynamic Lbs who could fly around and blitz 

CB: Mullens- should prove he is a starting corner. Worley could factor in, but I would sign a better vet than Worley in free agency and develop Mullens to be a good corner 

Slot: Joyner will be a leader for a few years 

FS: Joseph- make or break year, let’s see it play out

SS: Abram - should be a cornerstone 

so with 90m we would just need to find the following starters: WR, LG, DE, WLB, MLB, CB, FS

plus 2 1st rounders! Gruden is righting the ship, 90 m to find starters at these spots and could have great depth with vets. Gruden loves his vets, they could be useful as depth 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

What is nice is we will have 2/3 of our starters will be set, not like trying to field a new team. We would have 90m in cap space with a brand new stadium, state of the art practice facilities, buzz of the nfl with the move, no income tax... we are going be a big factor in free agency. Most of our starters will be set 

QB: Carr 

RB: Jacobs 

FB: Ingold 

WR1: Need 

WR2: Tyrelle 6’4 fast WR in his prime 

Slot: maybe a need see how Renfrow, Doss, JJ, Grant perform 

TE: Waller  looking like he could be a stud, Moreau nice for depth 

LT: Kolton looked amazing Monday 

LG: need 

C: Hudson locked in a new deal 

RG: Gabe 

RT: T Brown - stud 

DE: Ferrell - cornerstone 

UT: Hurst(draft steal, consider him a high 18 pick)

NT: Hankins - does his job and entering his prime 

DE: Need 

WLB- Need unless Morrow balls out, likely b er to revamp LB unit 

MLB: Vontaze- let’s see how he holds up with concussions. If he balls out, could get a new 2-3 year deal with an opt out after year one. Seems to be a leader and actually shown good character. He does have a bad concussion history, one more bad one and it could be a career for him 

SLB- Whitehead- overpaid but we will have 90+ in cap space. Is average and a leader, could get the axe. I would rather just ride out the last year of his deal in 2020 and upgrade the WLB and MLB 

CB: Conely should be a long term starter. Not sure if he can be an elite corner but he is a good starter. Our corners would look better if we had better pass rush and more dynamic Lbs who could fly around and blitz 

CB: Mullens- should prove he is a starting corner. Worley could factor in, but I would sign a better vet than Worley in free agency and develop Mullens to be a good corner 

Slot: Joyner will be a leader for a few years 

FS: Joseph- make or break year, let’s see it play out

SS: Abram - should be a cornerstone 

so with 90m we would just need to find the following starters: WR, LG, DE, WLB, MLB, CB, FS

plus 2 1st rounders! Gruden is righting the ship, 90 m to find starters at these spots and could have great depth with vets. Gruden loves his vets, they could be useful as depth 

I'll be honest.  This is one of those lists of yours I don't hate.  We're not far from fielding a good team.  WR,DE,LB seem to be the logical focal points of FA and draft.  The turnover and improvement (from a guy who hates Gruden as a personell guy) seems like he's doing a good job getting guys in here.  Minus Bryant and Brown of course.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:15 AM, Darbsk said:

Few of the really big money FAs ever play up to their price tag but many under the radar free agents bring excellent value.

We missed on the "top tier" guys this offseason but we can already see the value of guys like Joyner, Burfict, and Williams. 

• Like 2