FA 2020

drfrey13

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I wouldn't mind claiming Charlton. Rod should know if it's worth it.

I never saw that much in Charlton as a UM fan... he had a nice Sr year but it wasn’t great.... he got over drafted .... if he was a 2nd round pick he wouldn’t have gotten so many chances.....

but I’d still sign him because at this point he’s got more potential to push for a roster spot than Aruna and Valoaga.

• Like 1

One of the beat writers tweeted he asked about Dion Jordan and the answer was it’s wait and see still but more than likely than not we don’t resign him, but the door hasn’t been closed.

im a little upset by this, he played rather well last year and is the perfect 9th DLmen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

One of the beat writers tweeted he asked about Dion Jordan and the answer was it’s wait and see still but more than likely than not we don’t resign him, but the door hasn’t been closed.

im a little upset by this, he played rather well last year and is the perfect 9th DLmen

With you here. Seems like a no brainier 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I never saw that much in Charlton as a UM fan... he had a nice Sr year but it wasn’t great.... he got over drafted .... if he was a 2nd round pick he wouldn’t have gotten so many chances.....

but I’d still sign him because at this point he’s got more potential to push for a roster spot than Aruna and Valoaga.

He signed with KC.

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If he’s our 9th DL then we wouldn’t want to pay more than the vet minimum would we? That’s probably the problem. 

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:
14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If he’s our 9th DL then we wouldn’t want to pay more than the vet minimum would we? That’s probably the problem. 

I dont really see why we're waiting around, is there really anyone better out there so far down the depth chart..... doesn't seem likely to me and odds are he's way better than a guy like Daniel Ross or whoever our 6th DE is so Id get him signed and get him the playbook asap. I assume he's not asking a kings ransom this late into FA.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I dont really see why we're waiting around, is there really anyone better out there so far down the depth chart..... doesn't seem likely to me and odds are he's way better than a guy like Daniel Ross or whoever our 6th DE is so Id get him signed and get him the playbook asap. I assume he's not asking a kings ransom this late into FA.

He’s probably waited for the draft to play out and see if any teams need DE help more than we do. Maybe he didn’t like rushing from DT so might be wanting a better fit.

Just because he hasn’t signed doesn’t mean we are waiting around. 

Edited by Dessie

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

He’s probably waited for the draft to play out and see if any teams need DE help more than we do. Maybe he didn’t like rushing from DT so might be wanting a better fit.

True, true, he might have thought he had a better chance to start on another team in all fairness but from the Raiders perspective I can't see a better option out there at a similar price, not until cuts at least. I think we all thought he did pretty well when he was brought in late last year. Certainly was a pleasant surprise for me as I thought he'd show nothing 

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

True, true, he might have thought he had a better chance to start on another team in all fairness but from the Raiders perspective I can't see a better option out there at a similar price, not until cuts at least. I think we all thought he did pretty well when he was brought in late last year. Certainly was a pleasant surprise for me as I thought he'd show nothing 

I wonder whether they feel like Key will come back and play more and also Nassib could’ve been bought in to do the exact job Jordan did. That’s all I can think of that might be preventing us from offering him a deal if we haven’t.

• Like 1