FA 2020

drfrey13

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is a good point, in the case we cut Parker we have Sharpe as a swing tackle, Brown can play LT and RT and Good has some experience playing RT too so we have some flexibility. Jackson can play left and right, Devey can play OG and OC and I think James is a converted OT who can backup OC and possibly OG. This gives us a lot of flexibility all along the line. The last couple spots on the OL will be very competitive and a decent player or two will not make it........... A good position to be in.

Definitely. Parker hasn't really shown anything to prove that he's worth a roster spot. Trent Brown is amazing but in 2 of the last 3 seasons he has missed 5+ games (11 total). I like Sharpe as a swing tackle but I wish we would've invested that 3rd round pick we used on Muse in an OT. 

I said it after the draft and makes even more sense after Gruden compared Arnette to Talib. Just sign Talib to help out the CBs.would be a great fit in the defense and someone that can start if needed. Also Talib brings that attitude that the Raiders are looking for. 

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I said it after the draft and makes even more sense after Gruden compared Arnette to Talib. Just sign Talib to help out the CBs.would be a great fit in the defense and someone that can start if needed. Also Talib brings that attitude that the Raiders are looking for. 

Too much bs and history with us.  I wouldn't touch him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

He's 34 and has missed 17 games over the last two seasons and even when he did play he looked like a shell of his former self. If we're going to kick the tires on a veteran CB I think Darqueze Dennard would be a much better fit. He's only 28, he can play inside/outside, and he knows the system. 

Plus I don't think we're going to need a veteran starter. Mullen will start on one side and Arnette will start on the other side. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah, signing old DB's hasn't really worked here. Hall, DRC, Nelson, Gilchrist, etc. 

I didnt mind the Charles Woodson one, but poor guy couldn't cover TE's either lol

Edited by Turnobili

Other free agents I think we could/should take a look at: 

Jason Peters: He's old but he's still a really solid player and would be a better option as a backup OT than Parker/Sharpe. 

Everson Griffen: If Key doesn't take the next step he'd be a nice 4th edge to add to our rotation. 

Damon Harrison: The staff clearly doesn't like PJ Hall and he'd be a nice backup behind Hankins and would give us a true NT. 

Prince Amukamara: He was solid for the Bears and would be a better depth option than Lawson. 

Carlos Hyde: He played really well for Houston last season and would give us a legit RB2/power back to help manage Jacob's load. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Other free agents I think we could/should take a look at: 

Jason Peters: He's old but he's still a really solid player and would be a better option as a backup OT than Parker/Sharpe. 

Everson Griffen: If Key doesn't take the next step he'd be a nice 4th edge to add to our rotation. 

Damon Harrison: The staff clearly doesn't like PJ Hall and he'd be a nice backup behind Hankins and would give us a true NT. 

Prince Amukamara: He was solid for the Bears and would be a better depth option than Lawson. 

Carlos Hyde: He played really well for Houston last season and would give us a legit RB2/power back to help manage Jacob's load. 

Most of those guys would want to start. I think our best option from this list would be Amukamara, but I think all these people want $.

• Like 1

we already got a trash vet DB in Joyner, no need to double dip on that role. 

One guy I did want all offseason was Carlos Hyde, but with Bowden listed at RB I don't see us adding another. With Ingold that's 4 RBs. Unless we carry one less WR, and use Bowden there on occasion. ,

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

we already got a trash vet DB in Joyner, no need to double dip on that role. 

One guy I did want all offseason was Carlos Hyde, but with Bowden listed at RB I don't see us adding another. With Ingold that's 4 RBs. Unless we carry one less WR, and use Bowden there on occasion. ,

Amukamara is still a solid starter in the league. I just don't think he would sign here.

We need to find ways to get more dynamic up front. There is no start power in our front 4. Hopefully someone will make that jump. That is my hope.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Most of those guys would want to start. I think our best option from this list would be Amukamara, but I think all these people want $.

Peters best football is behind him so I could see him playing in a backup swing OT role. Harrison likely would start over Hankins if he's healthy and would help a ton against the run. Griffen's older now so a more limited role in a rotation would likely suit him well. Prince could start early in the season depending on the development of our young CBs. And Hyde probably wouldn't get the carries he's seeking but where else in the league would he? There's a reason that all of these guys are still free agents. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to find ways to get more dynamic up front. There is no start power in our front 4. Hopefully someone will make that jump. That is my hope.

We definitely lack star power but we need Crosby/Ferrell/Hurst to take the next step and Collins to be more consistent. If those 4 things happen our DL rotation should be pretty damn solid. 

• Like 1