FA 2020

drfrey13

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

we already got a trash vet DB in Joyner, no need to double dip on that role. 

One guy I did want all offseason was Carlos Hyde, but with Bowden listed at RB I don't see us adding another. With Ingold that's 4 RBs. Unless we carry one less WR, and use Bowden there on occasion. ,

Unless we move on from Richard and let Bowden take his role as the third down back. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Peters best football is behind him so I could see him playing in a backup swing OT role. Harrison likely would start over Hankins if he's healthy and would help a ton against the run. Griffen's older now so a more limited role in a rotation would likely suit him well. Prince could start early in the season depending on the development of our young CBs. And Hyde probably wouldn't get the carries he's seeking but where else in the league would he? There's a reason that all of these guys are still free agents. 

Peters likely wants to play for philly or a contender. Harrison is too old and hankins is a good NT at 28. Griffen likely wants to play for minnesota or a contender. Prince is a good player but likely wants $$ as he's starting to get up there in age.

Dennard makes a lot of sense with PG/his age, but he's best in the slot and we already have Joyner/Amik there.

Hyde would be a great addition.

I think some of these guys have offers but are waiting to assess team fit post draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. I hope that we sign Hyde and carry 5 WR's with Bowden in a hybrid RB4/WR6 role or move on from Richard and just use Bowden in his role. 

I don't think we move on from Richard. He's cheap and is on a 2 year deal. He's still a decent runner and a good pass catcher. Jacobs, Bowden, Richard and a vet for a run heavy offense should be a perfect amount of depth for if someone gets injured.

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think we move on from Richard. He's cheap and is on a 2 year deal. He's still a decent runner and a good pass catcher. Jacobs, Bowden, Richard and a vet for a run heavy offense should be a perfect amount of depth for if someone gets injured.

But we're also going to carry Ingold so do we realistically carry 5 RB? It could work if we only carry 2 QB's cause then we could carry 5 RB, 6 WR, 3 TE, and 9 OL. 

um, guys. they JUST signed richard this offseason and virtually his entire 2020 salary is guaranteed. we aren't moving on from him this year.

if they spent a 3rd round pick on a backup RB, they better damn well expect him to be able to spell Jacobs. if not, then it makes a bad pick worse. only way we bring in a guy like Hyde is if we plan to carry 5 backs (including ingold)

Edited by Turnobili

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

um, guys. they JUST signed richard this offseason and virtually his entire 2020 salary is guaranteed. we aren't moving on from him this year.

if they spent a 3rd round pick on a backup RB, they better damn well expect him to be able to spell Jacobs. if not, then it makes a bad pick worse. only way we bring in a guy like Hyde is if we plan to carry 5 backs (including ingold)

Ya Hyde is a pipe dream, he’s a starter type of back. I just want another back who can pound the rock. 

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But we're also going to carry Ingold so do we realistically carry 5 RB? It could work if we only carry 2 QB's cause then we could carry 5 RB, 6 WR, 3 TE, and 9 OL. 

Fulback has a different role in Gruden's offense so I wouldn't "count it". 4 pure RBs isnt' a lot for a team. Especially for a team that likes to run.

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Fulback has a different role in Gruden's offense so I wouldn't "count it". 4 pure RBs isnt' a lot for a team. Especially for a team that likes to run.

yes, it is. even the niners didnt carry a 4th until coleman got hurt

Edited by Turnobili

46 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Its alot. If you want to group the FB with tightends,  than the tightend number becomes high. I do think we carry 5 backs. I think we only carry 2 qbs. 

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Considering bowden will play WR/KR/PR and RB, it's not really 4 pure RB's.

thats somewhat fair. dwayne harris got his own roster spot just for returns. we are also somewhat "losing" a roster spot because none of our top 4 guards (Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson) can also backup C they way Devey had done for us, so unless we are cutting one of those, we are almost certainly expected to carry 1 more OL than last season.

a lot of problems could be fixed if we just roll with 2 QBs though

• Like 1

“In corresponding moves, the team waived tight end Paul Butler, linebacker Te’von Coney, defensive end Kendall Donnerson, quarterback DeShone Kizer, offensive lineman Kyle Kalis and linebacker Quentin Poling.”

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/05/raiders-officially-add-four-undrafted-rookies-waive-six-veterans/

we cut these players to add a bunch of crummy UDFAs.

we have a 90 man roster now that's going to be trimmed to 53.

if these guys couldnt even make the cut to 90, they were never going to make the 53. i would be floored if any UDFA cracked our 53 this year.

last year we had ingold, doss (necessitated by AB), andre james (after a lot of interior OL injuries), keisean nixon, and AJ cole get on the 53 at some point. 

• Like 1