FA 2020

drfrey13

30 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

we have a 90 man roster now that's going to be trimmed to 53.

if these guys couldnt even make the cut to 90, they were never going to make the 53. i would be floored if any UDFA cracked our 53 this year.

last year we had ingold, doss (necessitated by AB), andre james (after a lot of interior OL injuries), keisean nixon, and AJ cole get on the 53 at some point. 

I wasn’t complaining about any of the cuts, I’m glad they happened (except Paul Butler and maybe Coney, they’d have been good for training camp).  My complaint is the piss poor quality of UDFAs and the last that much worse players are on the team still.

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I wasn’t complaining about any of the cuts, I’m glad they happened (except Paul Butler and maybe Coney, they’d have been good for training camp).  My complaint is the piss poor quality of UDFAs and the last that much worse players are on the team still.

Yah Bowers wasn’t even a starter in college lol. They really must not of thought anything in Coney....

i've been able to do it by accident, but how do you embed links like tweets/youtubes?

also, its frustrating to learn that we spent a 3rd round pick on a backup RB who we dont trust to be the backup RB. time to kick the tires on Hyde I guess

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

i've been able to do it by accident, but how do you embed links like tweets/youtubes?

also, its frustrating to learn that we spent a 3rd round pick on a backup RB who we dont trust to be the backup RB. time to kick the tires on Hyde I guess

They could have offered a deal to Gore before the draft too.  

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who is Justin Phillips? What happened to that kicker, DL and that wideout??

Phillips was a Raider last season. Played in a few games before going on IR and they released him from it. I guess he's healthy now so they re-signed him. I think the 3 UDFAs will be official soon.

Guys I see with no shot who should be dropped for other training camp invitees: 

- Magnuson - had a shot a 49ers a few years back and couldn’t do anything, been on practice squads ever since. Waste of time 

- Bowers - College back up lol 

- Kendall Vickers - nothing note worthy on him, no even a wiki page. 

- Nick Usher - wasn’t even an all star in Canada. Cut bait 

- Justin Phillips - jag , didn’t do anything last year. 

- DJ Killings- 3 years on 4  practice squads. Waste of time 

- Dallin Leavitt- I guess local guy from Utah state but he’s a jag. We could do better for competition 

other lesser known guys Atleast are UDFA with potential, or have some traits to make the league. Moncrief and Stanback were Atleast all stars in the CFL. 

Edited by Humble_Beast