FA 2020

drfrey13

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

People are sleeping on Shawn Oakman!! 

MM and Gruden should get on it and offer a contract. He was found innocent and is flying under the radar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-shawn-oakman-baylor-20200715-xc2sx5wyefcy7mrol3zcrksc3a-story.html%3foutputType=amp

He’s just a meme..... lacks any agility, can’t bend..... maybe could play 3-4 DE but that’s it.  Dion Jordan is a significantly better player.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dion Jordan signing with the Niners. 

He played so well with the Raiders. I'm sure he just wanted to stay in the bay area where he lives

You would think there was no room on that line.  The rich keep getting richer.  We have some positions of great depth.  Maybe we can make a trade or 2 for some front seven help instead of just looking at FAs and cuts.  We are deep at DB, G, WR (Jones and Agholor might have value), and TE.  If you look at our depth chart our D-line and LB rooms are half full while other positions have to many borderline starters or good depth.  We have 5 Gs that could start or fight for a starting position on a lot of other teams but really only 2 LBs.  I am also concerned that we have 3 DEs and 3 DTs that I feel should make the roster.  Morrow is okay as a backup but that is 9 total front 7 players I want on the team.  Marinelli/Guenther must think they have something we do not see or Guenther knows he is on the chopping block so does not care.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:51 PM, drfrey13 said:

You would think there was no room on that line.  The rich keep getting richer.  We have some positions of great depth.  Maybe we can make a trade or 2 for some front seven help instead of just looking at FAs and cuts.  We are deep at DB, G, WR (Jones and Agholor might have value), and TE.  If you look at our depth chart our D-line and LB rooms are half full while other positions have to many borderline starters or good depth.  We have 5 Gs that could start or fight for a starting position on a lot of other teams but really only 2 LBs.  I am also concerned that we have 3 DEs and 3 DTs that I feel should make the roster.  Morrow is okay as a backup but that is 9 total front 7 players I want on the team.  Marinelli/Guenther must think they have something we do not see or Guenther knows he is on the chopping block so does not care.

Thank you! I’ve been screaming this for quite some time. 
we need to realistically cut about 7-9 players and bring In about 4-5 players who will make the team and the rest should be sent to expanded 16man practice squad.

We don’t need so many guards.... we know Incognito+Jackson are starting and Simpson+Good are the backups.  Maybe Devey sneaks on as a G/C backup.  Kush is good for competition and if an injury happens.  But Roos plus Cotton OR Seymour need to go tomorrow morning.  

while they’re cutting guys they should cut Vickers, Aruna, Panasuik, Phillips, Leavitt and replace them with some players who are good enough to actually make a squad.

the FO couldn’t really think we had adequate quality depth at DL and LB... it’s so obvious we don’t.  The list of available players keeps shrinking too, as teams are signing up FAs.  Maybe we’re waiting to the opt out deadline to fix the roster, IDK.  But if we want to be competing for a roster spot we need a good amount of players cut and then sign actual NFL quality players to replace them.

Edited by jimkelly02

I'm just concerned with the depth at DL and LB. I think a 2-3 vets would do the job as a stop gap. Hoping we can trade a guard/cb for depth at those spots. Of course more depth would be welcomed because of injuries. I don't he is all world but Phillips might surprise. Everyone hating on him but the guy from the rams seems like a rich mans Will Compton. Compton just did his job, and wasn't that bad.