FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I wish we would've went after AP. He still has some juice in the tank and would've been a nice mentor for Jacobs. 

Yeah AP really would have been a nice power back for us.... not to mention a mentor for Jacobs.... not that he needs a mentor but he could learn a lot from AP.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:31 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Who else is realizing more and more we ARE not a playoff team (currently)? Cuz I’ve seen this coming for a while 

everyone is 0-0

were a much a much more talented team than last year and we were on the brink of the playoffs up until week 16, even with a ton of injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

everyone is 0-0

were a much a much more talented team than last year and we were on the brink of the playoffs up until week 16, even with a ton of injuries. 

It has been so strange to see everyone here act like the sky is falling because we traded Bowden. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

with an old OC tho I believe. 

Sometimes it comes down to where the vet wants to go, its not just simply up to the raiders. 

Our lack of interest in addressing the backup RB spot the last two off-seasons has been weird. Gruden preaches that he wants to be a smash mouth, run first football team. But Jacobs played through an injury for a good portion of last season and missed some time. God forbid he misses some time again this season because we're going to have Richard/Booker as our two primary backs taking carries. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It has been so strange to see everyone here act like the sky is falling because we traded Bowden. 

yea, seriously. 

i for one can appreciate our staff not holding onto a player because of draft status and being able to get some value in return of what looks like a bad pick. 

Just now, Geezy said:

yea, seriously. 

i for one can appreciate our staff not holding onto a player because of draft status and being able to get some value in return of what looks like a bad pick. 

Bowden was probably going to get 3-4 touches a game max and Muse was going to be a special teams player and emergency LB option. But apparently those two not being on the 53 man roster is what will make or break or season. 

47 minutes ago, Geezy said:

yea, seriously. 

I think it was just the tipping point for many people 

- 2020 draft class doesn’t seem flashy besides the wideouts

- 2 3rd round busts 

- people were high on PJ Hall but cut 

- blowing money on guys like Witten, Nassib when we could have signed Clowney 

- no exciting gem 💎  UDFas

- Randall and Prince were jags
-trading a good player in Sharpe to roster a scrub in Young 

- hearing coaches talking about using Ferrell at DT, yet again
- overall lack of depth 

i can see the negative thoughts, but I’m still excited for the season. Can’t wait to see all the new talent 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

- 2 3rd round busts 

- Randall and Prince just jags
- overall lack of depth 

i can see the negative thoughts, but I’m still excited for the season. Can’t wait to see all the new talent 

Not to mention we spent all the $ on Mariota and he’s still injured? Did they not know he was injured? Again tryna be cute and catering to people’s feelings instead of making good business moves

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

- 2 3rd round busts 

- Randall and Prince were jags

- hearing coaches talking about using Ferrell at DT, yet again
- overall lack of depth 

The class wasnt flashy? We took two WRs and 2 CBs FWIW

We also got a potential steal of the draft in the 3rd round. That would make 2 in 2 years with Maxx

PJ Hall was a Reggie failed pick

I didnt like the Witten, Heath, or Mariota signings, i agree with you there.

Rough year for UDFA's throughout the league without an opportunity to showcase their talents in mini camps or preseason. We also still hold rights to Javin White.

1st round pick made Prince expendable. I didnt get cutting Randall in favor of Leavitt. Leavitt holds ST value not much more imo

We wont know how they use Ferrell till the season comes, and even if he does play inside some, ill wait to see how Crosby, Cle, Maliek and Nassib/Key look on pass rush situations before i form an opinion one way or another. 

I know this is FootballsFUTURE, but we are assuming a lot without seeing it on the field. At the very least we are a much better team on paper. 

You also failed to mention Arnette, Ruggs, Edwards and Collins lookins good in camp, revamping the LB core and adding much needed speed throughout the roster. I get guys like to be negative and think they know more than the staff but i prefer to see it on the field first. We whiffed on a few transactiosn for sure, but expecting Mayock to bat 1.000 is unreasonable. If Ruggs, Arnette and Edwards are ballers, Simpson and Amik become starters down the line, i dont care who we take with the Bowden pick and how Muse ends up, thats a big W in the draft. We will just have to wait and see. 

Even with the FA misses we are still in line to get out of bad contracts like Joyner, Mariota and TW that right there is nearly 30m in cap savings with little to no dead money. Its not were tying ourselves down with bad long term deals. If Trent Brown was a bust then id be concerned, but he is one of the best OTs in football. Wheres the love there?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The class wasnt flashy? We took two WRs and 2 CBs FWIW

We also got a potential steal of the draft in the 3rd round. That would make 2 in 2 years with Maxx

PJ Hall was a Reggie failed pick

I didnt like the Witten, Heath, or Mariota signings, i agree with you there.

Rough year for UDFA's throughout the league without an opportunity to showcase their talents in mini camps or preseason. We also still hold rights to Javin White.

1st round pick made Prince expendable. I didnt get cutting Randall in favor of Leavitt. Leavitt holds ST value not much more imo

We wont know how they use Ferrell till the season comes, and even if he does play inside some, ill wait to see how Crosby, Cle, Maliek and Nassib/Key look on pass rush situations before i form an opinion one way or another. 

I know this is FootballsFUTURE, but we are assuming a lot without seeing it on the field. At the very least we are a much better team on paper. 

You also failed to mention Arnette, Ruggs, Edwards and Collins lookins good in camp, revamping the LB core and adding much needed speed throughout the roster. I get guys like to be negative and think they know more than the staff but i prefer to see it on the field first. We whiffed on a few transactiosn for sure, but expecting Mayock to bat 1.000 is unreasonable. If Ruggs, Arnette and Edwards are ballers, Simpson and Amik become starters down the line, i dont care who we take with the Bowden pick and how Muse ends up, thats a big W in the draft. We will just have to wait and see. 

Even with the FA misses we are still in line to get out of bad contracts like Joyner, Mariota and TW that right there is nearly 30m in cap savings with little to no dead money. Its not were tying ourselves down with bad long term deals. If Trent Brown was a bust then id be concerned, but he is one of the best OTs in football. Wheres the love there?

My post was explaining people thought process for the complaints. I’m actually optimistic for the upcoming season. DC going get back to his MVP level 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

My post was explaining people thought process for the complaints. I’m actually optimistic for the upcoming season. DC going get back to his MVP level 

yea nothing against you, but my point was that there are always different perspectives, thats why i countered the points you made. Alot of guys are choosing to pessimistic and thats cool, this regime isnt without faults but they have done a lot of good too. 

19 hours ago, Geezy said:
On 9/5/2020 at 9:31 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Who else is realizing more and more we ARE not a playoff team (currently)? Cuz I’ve seen this coming for a while 

everyone is 0-0

were a much a much more talented team than last year and we were on the brink of the playoffs up until week 16, even with a ton of injuries

We are better on paper for sure but we're still at that stage where we need some good fortune, if we have a few injuries at crucial positions we dont have the depth to overcome them and things could go South. Its about time we have a little good fortune though and we did compete until late in the season last year, were not where we want to be yet but we should at least be strong challengers for a playoff spot. We're a little ways off challenging for the division realistically though.