FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Wonder if the Raiders will be active with brining some players in this week. Might want to call up Earl. 

Hopefully we are.  We kept a bunch of non-Vested players like Daniel Ross, Kendall Vickers, Daelin Leavitt who could be cut at the beginning of week and sent to the PS possibly.  Then bring up some veterans who now aren’t guaranteed their salary all year.... it’d only be 4 games Guaranteed.  That’s a big difference.  I’m praying we make some moves.  We NEED to!

32 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Get a FS another LB if Kwit is out. Another DL like Dion Jordan wouldn’t hurt... 

Yeah....

Cut Leavitt, sign a S (Clinton dix, Eric Reid, Bring Randall back (maybe he was just cut cuz he was hurt... there were reports he barely say the field in TC), even Reshad Jones or Morgan Burnett or Tony Jefferson.

Sign Todd Davis or Nigel Bradham or Mychal Kendricks for LB.  even Wesley Woodward. Heck even Burfict!

what about Cordy Glenn to play RT? Is he healthy?  Jared Veldheer?

Add Mohammed Sanu at WR?  Tim Williams to just rush as a stand up DE?

Snacks Harrison, Breeland Speaks, Jabaal Sheard, Marcell Dareus?  Finally make me happy and steal Dion Jordan off SF’s PS? Lmao

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A long ways away but I feel like we should monitor Marlon Mack's return from injury for next year's FA. Could make an awesome RB2 to Jacobs. 

They’re saying he tore his acl, prolly.

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah....

Cut Leavitt, sign a S (Clinton dix, Eric Reid, Bring Randall back (maybe he was just cut cuz he was hurt... there were reports he barely say the field in TC), even Reshad Jones or Morgan Burnett or Tony Jefferson.

Aren’t a number of those SS types ? Thought you wanted a ball hawk safety ? 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Earl Thomas, Dion Jordan, maybe another vet. I'd look at all these guys. We can always use more talent on defense.

I don't want Erik Harris starting for this team now or in the future. We need a ballhawk/A+ athlete to slow down elite pass offenses. He just isn't talented/athletic enough to ever be that guy.

Think Harris is their guy. Would be difficult for someone to come in, learn the playbook and start. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Harris "their guy", I seriously question our chances of even fielding an average pass defense. 

14 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Think Harris is their guy. Would be difficult for someone to come in, learn the playbook and start. 

Meh, I disagree. If Harris was their guy they wouldn't have went out and signed Damarious Randall. Randall just missed all of training camp so they decided to move on.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh, I disagree. If Harris was their guy they wouldn't have went out and signed Damarious Randall. Randall just missed all of training camp so they decided to move on.

I mean I wouldn’t say he’s the guy for the future. Didn’t mean it that way. I just don’t think they’re going to sign someone that takes significant playing time away from him this year. Hard to learn the playbook mid season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Aren’t a number of those SS types ? Thought you wanted a ball hawk safety ? 

Yes.... but that’s whose available and it’s not like Harris is this amazing ball hawk FS.  Plus, were suppose to be this “Left and Right, not FS/SS” defense in theory.

theres no ideal FS out there besides Earl Thomas.  I’d guess Randall wouldn’t want to come back after being cut, unless it was really about him not being healthy at the time.  But if that was true id assume we’d have IR’d him for 3 games and then played him.  Clinton-Dix and Eric Reid aren’t FS ballhawks but have played FS in the passed, but played more SS recently, likely cuz they’re not FS ball hawks.

either way.... of cut Leavitt and bring someone in.  Even if we just use a rotation it’s better than Leavitt aka nothing.

sure I want a Ball hawk FS,, but I also want a million dollars and a super model; and none of that’s happening anytime soon.

Edited by jimkelly02